• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
A Photography Reception for Artist of the Year Michael Granberry | SoWal.com - Guide For The Beaches Of South Walton & Scenic 30A

A Photography Reception unveiling the 2010 Beaches of South Walton Artist of the Year, Michael Granberry?s, photographic series: ?The Study of People & Places of Walton County?.

Live music by ?Sawmill Gravy & the Biscuits?. Attending guests will be able to meet and speak with many of the ?People? of Walton County who where involved in this photographic series. This reception is free and open to the public. Thursday, July 15, 2010 | 5:00 - 9:00PM. See attached pdf for complete information.

granberry-2.jpg
?As the 2010 Beaches of South Walton Artist of the Year, I was asked to provide twelve photographic images that represent Walton County. It was truly a challenge to capture each image in just one encapsulated photo, in real time. Believing in pure photography, I use a digital camera, but limit my post production to just altering color to various tones to create an emotion.

Being so inspired by this series, I have increased my photos to nineteen images, with plans to have a total of twenty-four images at completion. When I began my series in the fall 2009 - with the ?Life Guards? - I could not have envisioned that our beaches today would be threatened by an oil spill. This series is now more-timely than ever.

What I have discovered about Walton County is not just our beautiful white sand and emerald-color Gulf. If that were not enough, there are endless creeks, natural springs, rare coastal dune lakes, the Choctawhatchee Bay, numerous state forests - offering nature trails, towering live oaks and sculptural scrub oaks, cypress refuges, steepheads - with their rare, ancient mollusks - and so much more. But beyond even these rare natural treasures there is the most unique of treasures ... the people of Walton County.

Please take a moment and enjoy my series; I believe that you, too, will discover the beauty and diversity of the people & places of Walton County.?
- Michael Granberry

Beach Bimmer

Beach Fanatic
May 2, 2006
South Walton
A Photography Reception for Artist of the Year Michael Granberry | SoWal.com - Guide For The Beaches Of South Walton & Scenic 30A

A Photography Reception unveiling the 2010 Beaches of South Walton Artist of the Year, Michael Granberry?s, photographic series: ?The Study of People & Places of Walton County?.
[/B]

If you've never seen Michael's work, this opportunity should be one you take. Awesome photographer, but more importantly one who has captured images of South Walton that will likely become timeless.

:D :D The folks at Fired Up are fans of Michael's photography!