Abuse of power

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by liz coats, Jan 19, 2013.

1. liz coats

liz coats Beach Comber

It seems that some of our elected officials now believe that they can silence people who voice concerns and complaints about unethical behavior by threatening people with prosecution for things that 1. The officials have no proof occurred
    2. Aren't illegal in the first place.
    Only in the panhandle.

2. Andy A

Andy A Beach Fanatic

May I strongly suggest, no, insist that if you are going to make accusations against our elected officials, unnamed, you supply something more than is in the above post.
    I, for one, am sick and tired of the unsubstantiated tirades leveled at officials, many of who are trying to do their best in any elected position. I am not saying that there are not instances of unethical behavior or even corruption but I would certainly like to see some proof of such doing as Alan Osborne supplies before such activity is presented to the public. To do so is an affront to every thinking Waltonian and pure BS.

3. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

Please tell us who, what, why, and where?

4. Lake View Too

Lake View Too SoWal Insider

You know, of course, if she names names, they will take away her guns, and put fluoride in the drinking water...and, of course, "they" are The Aliens...:cool:

5. Zebraspots

Zebraspots Beach Fanatic

How exactly do you prosecute people for things that aren't illegal?

6. liz coats

liz coats Beach Comber

I'm sorry that you find my post outrageous but the situation is such that I'm not at liberty to reveal any names in this forum at this time. The facts are that one of Walton County's holders of public office made a criminal complaint against someone very close to me. I know this because a law enforcement officer called my number looking for the accused. My loved one hasn't decided whether or not to file a counter complaint or file a civil action for damages.

7. passin thru

passin thru Beach Fanatic

Sounds like maybe a serious situation, but given what you say above, what, really, do you think you can accomplish by sharing this with us now? Without particulars, as others say here, at this point it's only so much accusative hot air.

8. meggiemom

meggiemom Beach Lover

I don't think it would be wise to get crossed up with any Walton County politician. That's almost like getting on the wrong side of the Mafia. People have filed numerous complaints against these corrupt people and the clowns in Tallahassee never find anything improper. I've decided that if you want to live in a place where corruption isn't rampant, you have to move somewhere else.