• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
So the 65’ of public beach in Watersound dedicated to the public goes 65’ from east to west? I was under the impression that it was 65’ depth north to south but running the entire width of Watersound Beach and Watersound West Beach. 65’ of beach frontage among over a mile of beach frontage doesn’t seem like much for the public.

It's north to south.

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
87D3388E-20FE-457A-ADC0-B85330D35F24.jpeg I found this to be an interesting development:

Mr. Uhlfelder has posted pics of new ropes up on the east and west boundaries of Seaside on the Walton County Visioning FB page this morning, but now the post is gone.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
View attachment 72772 I found this to be an interesting development:

Mr. Uhlfelder has posted pics of new ropes up on the east and west boundaries of Seaside on the Walton County Visioning FB page this morning, but now the post is gone.
Strange. I saw that this morning and you're right. It's gone now. Wonder why the admins removed it.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Strange. I saw that this morning and you're right. It's gone now. Wonder why the admins removed it.

He may have removed it himself. Perhaps he was advised that it wasn't a good idea. If so, though, he didn't get the same advice about posting a picture of himself standing in front of Gov. Huckabee's house. At least he could see for himself that there are no signs and he wasn't kicked off so that's good news.

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
He may have removed it himself. Perhaps he was advised that it wasn't a good idea. If so, though, he didn't get the same advice about posting a picture of himself standing in front of Gov. Huckabee's house. At least he could see for himself that there are no signs and he wasn't kicked off so that's good news.

Yep, I noticed the second appearance down the beach!

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
Real Estate professionals do not agree with the claim that Watersound is a "public beach" with convenient access.

610770 Full Agent Report - Residential Detached Single Family - Sold 03/21/2014
Directions: WaterSound Beach is located 5 miles east of the Hwy 395/30A intersection. It is on the south side of 30A and the guard must let you into the community through the gate. Proceed straight and turn right
Legal Description: LOT 20 WATERSOUND BEACH PH 2 PB 15-50A-D OR 2512-1951 OR
2551-318 OR 2696-4791
Remarks: ''Painted Sky''~one magnificent sunset is all it takes to understand how this open, bright, classically-coastal, Pinterest-worthy, luxury home got its name. With sweeping, 180 degree views across an unspoiled landscape of pristine dunes, sugar white sand & crystalline blue water, watching a sunset from 'Painted Sky'' is to watch Mother Nature paint a giant sky with the most magnificent colors. Nestled between Deer Lake State Park & Camp Creek Lake on over a mile of private beach, ''Painted Sky'' is tucked away in the exclusive, Gated, Gulf Front community of WaterSound. Upon entering the property, the first thing you notice about ''Painted Sky'' is the space! Situated on one of the largest lots in WaterSound, this compound boast a 5 bedroom, 4 bath main house with over 500

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Real estate professionals are the ones that started all the "Private Beach" advertising back in the late 80s so they could get big $$$. Pretty sure we can blame most of the CU problems on their shoulders. And they wont stop until someones sues them for false advertising.

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
BPO family Walton county beach for generations - her property goes back to 1878: "The thought of people being on my walkover drunk or otherwise is over the top. I have grandchildren and would not want them exposed to unruly behavior. Also..being on the beach at night in front of my house. No way. This situation has the potential to become a nightmare. Sounds nice enough about ambassadors but why should I or my family be exposed to a situation where I would be waiting for an ambassador to come. I dont know others opinions but I am stunned with the thought that I would have to deal with all of this.. Is he expecting thousands more descending on the beach?"