• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

amylouky

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2005
Louisville, KY
Their words, not mine..
My mother and mother-in-law are coming with us on this trip.
One is 56, the other is 62. Neither drinks more than the VERY occasional
glass of wine, and they don't particularly care for crowds of people,
really loud music, or smoky bars.
Other than shopping, I really don't know what to suggest that they do.. we generally try to get as much beach time as possible, but I think they want to explore the area, especially during the day when it's so hot on the beach.
We'll be there the 12th thru 19th of August, so any festivals or the like would probably be a good bet.
Any suggestions on what activities in the area they might enjoy?

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
they sound just like my mom.....

eden state park is nice to visit...
antique shops....
outlet mall.....
spa for the day????
check the paper for activities when you are here
if they want to drive a bit Marianna state caverns are pretty

not sure what else...:dunno:

Beach Bimmer

Beach Fanatic
May 2, 2006
South Walton
Shameless plug: We'd LOVE to have them come in and paint pottery here at Fired Up in Seaside! We've added many new pottery items in recent weeks, including beach-related, holiday ornaments, pet dishes, etc. C'mon by and see us at 27 Quincy Circle in Seaside, by Sea of Silver and Aquarius Spa, open 10am-5pm 7 days a week. Ring 850-231-3211 for more info.

amylouky

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2005
Louisville, KY
IBD.. thanks for the suggestions!
We've been trying to convince mother-in-law to come with us for four years now.. finally succeeded! I just want to make sure she has a really good time.
And we have already (thanks to this board!) added Fired Up as a must-visit for this year. :)
Does anyone know of any local nightspots that aren't as crowded, and don't play country or rock? Maybe jazz or oldies, I think they'd love that.

miss liz

Beach Comber
Aug 4, 2006
smiling joe and kurt are starting a sock darning class for all of the hippies so they can wear there birkenstocks all winter. you know hippies ain't buying new socks, sooooo.....

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Beach Bimmer said:
Shameless plug: We'd LOVE to have them come in and paint pottery here at Fired Up in Seaside! We've added many new pottery items in recent weeks, including beach-related, holiday ornaments, pet dishes, etc. C'mon by and see us at 27 Quincy Circle in Seaside, by Sea of Silver and Aquarius Spa, open 10am-5pm 7 days a week. Ring 850-231-3211 for more info.

:sosad: Rats....Fired up, was gonna be my suggestion!;-) Seriously, "firing up" and painting a special and sentimental souvenier, would be great! :clap_1:

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Pandora's has an assortment of entertainment for all ages, not all loud and never rock. They also may enjoy Rendavous (spell check pls) in Seaside. There's another great place in Destin, but may be too far.