• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chrissy30004

Beach Comber
Jan 21, 2008
gulf breeze
I would love to hear what everyone thinks about this sub...We are considering buying a lot here and would love as much feed back as possible! We have kids, and I think this might be the place for us!
Thanks!

FL Dawg

Beach Fanatic
Sep 12, 2006
We live in The Woods and love it. We have 2 girls (13 & 18...oldest @ FSU) and our neighbors have 2 boys (14 & 17) and a girl (10). Thats about it for kids. We moved down here 4 years ago from Atlanta and have no regrets. We pulled our own permit and were the General Contractor on the construction of our house. We also have CCR's stating no seasonal rentals as well as Architectural guidelines. How old are your kids? Boys or Girls? I am also the co-head of the HOA. I pay $360 a year and that amount has never gone up....knock on wood. Depending on the lot you buy there may be additional assesments for the paving of the road. We paid approx. $1500 one time assesment but some homeowners financed the cost to pave the roads. The subdivision is so quiet and secluded. Stargazing on the dock cannot be beat. In the warmer months alot of the residents meet at the dock for sunsets and cocktails. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any further questions.

chrissy30004

Beach Comber
Jan 21, 2008
gulf breeze
We live in The Woods and love it. We have 2 girls (13 & 18...oldest @ FSU) and our neighbors have 2 boys (14 & 17) and a girl (10). Thats about it for kids. We moved down here 4 years ago from Atlanta and have no regrets. We pulled our own permit and were the General Contractor on the construction of our house. We also have CCR's stating no seasonal rentals as well as Architectural guidelines. How old are your kids? Boys or Girls? I am also the co-head of the HOA. I pay $360 a year and that amount has never gone up....knock on wood. Depending on the lot you buy there may be additional assesments for the paving of the road. We paid approx. $1500 one time assesment but some homeowners financed the cost to pave the roads. The subdivision is so quiet and secluded. Stargazing on the dock cannot be beat. In the warmer months alot of the residents meet at the dock for sunsets and cocktails. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any further questions.
Sounds wonderful! We have a 10 year old boy and a 10 month old boy, and by the time we move, we will probably have another, as we are trying again this spring or summer. We are also from Atlanta (alpharetta) and I love it here! Definetely won't ever be going back! We are in Gulf Breeze fl now, but my husband works at Santa Rosa Beach so he drives 115 minutes one way every day. It is really exhausting him...We have been working with a realtor and we went to see one of the lots last weekend and we really liked it! Hopefully everything will work for us...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I like The Woods, too. Even the lots on the south side of E Pt Washington Rd are very nice. Good central location from east to west in SoWal, and still only a short drive to the beach.