• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Do any of these candidates realize that they are all helping to split the vote? :bang: This action will potentially (as it did last go 'round) get Ralph Johnson re-elected. Some of these candidates need to re-evaluate their chances at being elected, really take a good look at your campaigns, did you raise any money? do you have support? are you really qualified?

I will say my comments are not directed to any one candidate, just the entire group. As for this new entry, I do not know him, but like the others I am hoping to learn about him and his qualifications and plans for WCSO.
Right on!!!

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Please attend candidate forums to SEE the candidates in person. I think if voters did that nearly 8 years ago, Sheriff Johnson would not have been elected. I was at a Tax Payers Assoc. forum and saw Johnson and didn't think he had a snow balls chance in SOWAL....he didn't speak (still doesn't) other than to say "I agree with what he said." I was STUNNED when he was elected. Not to mention SICKENED when he was re-elected. Please, please, get to know the candidates and be informed. NO MORE JOHNSON!!!!

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Please attend candidate forums to SEE the candidates in person. I think if voters did that nearly 8 years ago, Sheriff Johnson would not have been elected. I was at a Tax Payers Assoc. forum and saw Johnson and didn't think he had a snow balls chance in SOWAL....he didn't speak (still doesn't) other than to say "I agree with what he said." I was STUNNED when he was elected. Not to mention SICKENED when he was re-elected. Please, please, get to know the candidates and be informed. NO MORE JOHNSON!!!!

Well said. More of the citizens need to realize that it is time for a change. Unless one or two qualified candidates emerge and become front runners (guys, some of you need to exit - stage left...) we are doomed. Who can save us?

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Well said. More of the citizens need to realize that it is time for a change. Unless one or two qualified candidates emerge and become front runners (guys, some of you need to exit - stage left...) we are doomed. Who can save us?
mightym.jpg

tony4sheriff

Beach Comber
Mar 4, 2008
Please let me introduce myself to those that may not know me. My name is Tony Cornman and I am a candidate for Sheriff of Walton County. I thought long and hard about taking on this endeavor, but after much discussion with my family, friends, many of you, and of course prayers, I decided that I would run for the office of Sheriff. I know that there has been some talk of me not living in Walton County at present and that is true. Currently I live in Bay County (PCB) where I am employed as the district supervisor for the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco, a state law enforcement agency. I am assigned to supervise and manage personnel, operations and over 1900 licenses for the agency in seven counties, one of which is Walton. I am a native of Walton County growing up and attending school in DeFuniak Springs. My wife is also a native of Walton County growing up and attending school in Freeport. Both of our families live in Walton County and we still spend much of our time there as we love Walton County and have always had plans of moving back. I currently have my house for sale in Bay County and will be moving back to Walton County soon. I can guarantee I will be living in Walton County by the time I take office as required by law, much sooner if I can sell my house quickly. I began my law enforcement career with the Walton County Sheriff's Department back in 1982. I left the Walton County Sheriff's Department in 1988 to further my career. When I first began my job with the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco I had to go to South Florida and work. While we did not want to leave the area it did give me valuable experience. I was finally able to transfer back to the area (PCB) in the mid 90's, where I have been assigned since. I have been in law enforcement for over 25 years and have served in many areas such as corrections, patrol, investigations and management/supervision. During my 25 plus years I have had the opportunity to work assignments with many different sheriff's departments, police departments, other state agencies and federal agencies. During this time I have learned many things, but one that stands out is the fact that the agencies that use more community style policing techniques and get their communities involved are more successful. If elected I promise that under my administration as Sheriff of Walton County the Sheriff and the Sheriff's Office will be accessible to all the people of Walton County and we will ask for your opinion and input. I WILL NOT forget that YOU, the citizens of Walton County, are who we work for and the Sheriff's Office is YOUR office. I have an article that will be coming out in the Walton Sun and the DeFuniak Springs Herald this week that further explains my priorities and goals. I am looking forward to getting out and meeting each of you as I begin my grass roots campaign and I would love to have YOUR VOTE. I am looking for volunteers to help out with my campaign and any help is appreciated. If you would like to contact me you may do so through email at tony4sheriff@gmail.com or by phone at 850-527-8139. Thanks again for your time.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Tony4sheriff.......I await to see more info about you....thank you for stepping up. So far, I like what I read about you (your thread).

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Thank you for introducing yourself. How do you feel about the number of current candidates and the potential to spilt the vote for the favor of the incumbent?

Furthur

Beach Lover
Jan 21, 2008
S.R.B.
How are our Sheriffs elected?
Is there a primary or is this a non partisan office?

I'm really amazed that Johnson has so much money in his budget for aircraft.
I would love to know how much his plane and TWO helicopters cost.
Personnel,maintenance,insurance,hangers and fuel must add up to a pretty big number.

He seems to have strange priorities.
Catching people who drive drunk and without licenses would be more important to me.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I think you should add and are here illegally to the above post and then it would cover the situation perfectly.