• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Mermaid said:
Good words from Smiling JOe that all bike riders should heed. I never assume that a driver is going to see me on my bike--most of the times they're looking for cars in their way, not bicycles.
Also, as you are riding on the path, look out for cars turning off of 30A into driveways. These people rarely think about looking for bicyclers. Even if they look at you in the eyes, they still may not see you. (or maybe they just don't care about you.) See thread on "Manners" and look for Paula's post regarding self esteem.

Seasider

Beach Lover
Nov 27, 2004
Big Daddy's is the only place to buy. They carry the best bikes that will hold up in the coastal environment. They are great people and take care of their customers.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Seasider said:
Big Daddy's is the only place to buy. They carry the best bikes that will hold up in the coastal environment. They are great people and take care of their customers.

That's why they got our and jdarg's business this June. They were very helpful. :clap_1:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Mermy, you should use them for your kayak rental too.

That's what jdarg and I did use them for! I don't know if the dargs are bringing bikes, but we always do, so we were all set in that department. I'm looking forward to trying out a double kayak from Big Daddy's. I've only ever paddled a single. :eek:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Mermaid said:
That's what jdarg and I did use them for! I don't know if the dargs are bringing bikes, but we always do, so we were all set in that department. I'm looking forward to trying out a double kayak from Big Daddy's. I've only ever paddled a single. :eek:

We bring our bikes- and we just got a cool new ride for Kate- it is an attachable "tandem"- she can pedal and coast, but not steer or brake. So far so good- she took right to it! We realized that she was too big for the bike buggy, and can't keep up on her Disney Princess bike.

I just realized that I will need some sort of bike basket situation since I won't have the bike buggy to put groceries, beer, ice, etc. in!

Even if we had a kayak, we would still rent them down there, since I have luggage carriers on top of the car, and need more than a single kayak.

Mermaid- sit in the back of the double. When you get tired, Merman can keep paddling and he won't see that you are being a slacker!!:rotfl: