• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Moontidecottage

Beach Crab
Jul 2, 2022
Blue mountain beach
Just bought one of the old Florida brick bungalows in the Brickyard area of Blue Mtn and am really curious about any history on it? I’ve heard whispering of Al Capone running a booking operation from there….

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Possibly a bit of meth dealing. Not really history unless you count the nineties as history. lol

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Supposedly it started as a mafia hideout, the transitioned to a family resort in the 70s and 80s then ultimately getting broken up into individual units.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
It was built in the early 70's as a vacation "resort" of sorts. The red brick homes were rental cottages. Across the street roughly where thevWhite Cliffs condo is, now, was the associated restaurant. It had a swimming pool, tennis courts, and underneath it, 4 or 5 hotel rooms right on the beach. I remember the restaurant as being quite good. It ultimately burned around the same time as the recession in the 70s, and the whole thing suffered and went down the tubes.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It was built in the early 70's as a vacation "resort" of sorts. The red brick homes were rental cottages. Across the street roughly where thevWhite Cliffs condo is, now, was the associated restaurant. It had a swimming pool, tennis courts, and underneath it, 4 or 5 hotel rooms right on the beach. I remember the restaurant as being quite good. It ultimately burned around the same time as the recession in the 70s, and the whole thing suffered and went down the tubes.
This is very close to my recollections. I remember walking the "ruins" of that hotel, and especially the remains of 4 or 5 hotel units. All that remained were the concrete floors, and maybe half the walls, sort of dug into the bluff. That was mid-seventies.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
This is very close to my recollections. I remember walking the "ruins" of that hotel, and especially the remains of 4 or 5 hotel units. All that remained were the concrete floors, and maybe half the walls, sort of dug into the bluff. That was mid-seventies.
Yup...exactly!