• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jmac13

Beach Crab
Jan 8, 2010
Bringing the family down tomorrow for the week and heard that man of war are really bad between gulf shores and Pensacola. Any info appreciated. Thanks. Joel

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Bringing the family down tomorrow for the week and heard that man of war are really bad between gulf shores and Pensacola. Any info appreciated. Thanks. Joel

No sign of any hostile cnidarians as of last Sunday. But we have had crazy high surf this week, so I can't be 100% sure none there now. I have never seen them so bad here where you couldn't swim.

Mayor of 30a

Beach Comber
Mar 12, 2012
Was at beach yesterday and walked it today no sign of any of them or jellies. Look to beaches of south Walton web site for flag conditions, if purple their is some sea life present

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
There were a few in BMB yesterday. Nothing unusual

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
A friend told me he saw a "blue jellyfish type creature" on the beach in the Lakewood area (east of Eastern Lake) on Monday, but I have not seen any along the Eastern Lake Rd area all week.

jamnolfin

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2007

I saw one as I was walking the beach today. They are not going to hurt you that bad, just sting a little. Ive had them wash down the back of my wetsuit while surfing, thats bad. Ive never not got in the water because of any sea life in my 51 years living here.