• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jakenned

Beach Comber
Dec 23, 2004
North Alabama
I had just heard someone talking about a Government program in which the Government will subsidize the purchase of property either along the whole gulf or just in certain areas (not sure which)...to get people to buy property because so many people are not moving back or trying to unload their property.

Anyone heard of this? My first response was that maybe in LA, but not along 30A. The guy that mentioned it said they were doing this in the Orange Beach, AL area.

Just curious...want to make sure I know the facts before I say anything.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
jakenned said:
I had just heard someone talking about a Government program in which the Government will subsidize the purchase of property either along the whole gulf or just in certain areas (not sure which)...to get people to buy property because so many people are not moving back or trying to unload their property.

Anyone heard of this? My first response was that maybe in LA, but not along 30A. The guy that mentioned it said they were doing this in the Orange Beach, AL area.

Just curious...want to make sure I know the facts before I say anything.

I think they are doing this in Galveston because of the erosion.