• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
TooFarTampa said:
What's a bushogger? And is there supposed to be an extra H in there? :dunno:

bus hogger....Mayor Nagin comes to mind

bus(h)ogger...can't do it

TFT...Me thinks it's someone who clears heavy growth...bush?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
TooFarTampa said:
What's a bushogger? And is there supposed to be an extra H in there? :dunno:

A bush hogger is one who hogs bushers. Not really. Bush hog is southern slang for clearing underbrush, so a bush hogger is one who bush hogs. I think the term came about from a brand of mower, called Bush Hog, which connects to a tractor. I guess they after mowing with it, it looked like the hogs had eaten the bushes, hence the name.

BushHog.com

3008rotarycutter-products.jpg

Last edited:

OhioBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
MidWest OH
Smiling JOe said:
A bush hogger is one who hogs bushers. Not really. Bush hog is southern slang for clearing underbrush, so a bush hogger is one who bush hogs. I think the term came about from a brand of mower, called Bush Hog, which connects to a tractor. I guess they after mowing with it, it looked like the hogs had eaten the bushes, hence the name.
Funny, driving round with one of those mothers on the back as a youngster, never considered who came up with the name or why... just respected that it would eat the livin' crud out of most anything up to a couple of feet or so high - including skinny young folk like me - ('cept big stumps - they eat bush hogs ;-) )

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Smiling JOe said:

BushHog.com

3008rotarycutter-products.jpg

Thanks SJ. You gave me the answer I was looking for! Guess west-central FLA isn't "southern" enough!

Never heard "Lord love a duck" either until Donna used it. I looked that one up. Can't wait till I can find a way to throw it into a conversation. :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
TooFarTampa said:
Thanks SJ. You gave me the answer I was looking for! Guess west-central FLA isn't "southern" enough!
Once you 'round the big bend,' headin' south, you get further north.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Hi Dave,

My neighbor is in that business and is waiting to hear from ya, if you're still interested. I've heard great things about his work :clap_1: and he's a very nice man. His name is Branch Wickman and he can be reached at 850-231-5015. He's available if anyone else needs him, as well! :welcome:

Dave Rauschkolb said:
I need to cut a trail on some property I own. Anyone know a reliable person who could bushog a trail? Thanks for any info.

Dave

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Geez, I think I should be a gettin' me a cut in these her deals! :lol: :lol: :lol: