• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Appetizer good for hot weather

New posts
shakennotstirred said:
Mozzarella Cheese Filling:
2 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
4 ounces fresh soft Mozzarella Cheese

2 tablespoon chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
Salt and freshly ground pepper


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pine nuts on a baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes or until a light golden brown. In a bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.



These recipes sound yummy! Thanks for posting. Question on the Mozzarella Cheese Filling - is it 1 or 2 tsps of pine nuts?

You can never have too many pine nuts. I rob my kids' piggy banks for pine nuts!!:wub:
 
Linda, I make the same tomatoes, but sometimes use mayo, chopped green onion and crumbled bacon for filling. Everyone loves the little BLTs.
 
lindabobhat said:
For a refreshing summertime appetizer, fill bite-size cherry tomatoes, round or pear shaped, with a mixture of savory fillings.

24 cherry tomatoes (can use a mixture of red and yellow tomatoes)
Yum! I'm crazy for goat cheese--I think this may be it!
 
Not quite so fancy, but VERY quick.. mix together chilled cocktail sauce and a package of those tiny salad shrimp, then pour over a block of cream cheese and serve with crackers. About 2 minutes prep time, which makes it very easy to make more!
 
2 can black-eyed peas drained

1 can shoe peg corn

1 green pepper

1 can of of rotel with diced green chilis

1 package of good seasons Italian dressing (the one who make in the bottle with oil and vinegar)

This is so simple and everywhere I take it people die for the recipe. If for a big group you can easily double.
 
A little variation of Tamara's recipe.

Texas Caviar

11 oz can white shoe peg corn (drained)
15 oz can black eye peas (drained)
4 green onions (chopped)
1/2 red onion (diced)
15 oz can diced tomatoes and jalapenos (drained)
1/2 teaspoon sugar
8 oz bottle of Italian dressing


Mix everything the night before. This can really be eaten with just about anything. Use it as a dip with tortilla chips, or as a side salad.




 
jdarg said:
You can never have too many pine nuts. I rob my kids' piggy banks for pine nuts!!:wub:

I agree & thought the same thing when I saw this but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some integral ingredient!
 
shakennotstirred said:
Mozzarella Cheese Filling:
2 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
4 ounces fresh soft Mozzarella Cheese

2 tablespoon chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
Salt and freshly ground pepper


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pine nuts on a baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes or until a light golden brown. In a bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.



These recipes sound yummy! Thanks for posting. Question on the Mozzarella Cheese Filling - is it 1 or 2 tsps of pine nuts?

Wow, good catch - have to admit I haven't made these before, the recipe came up when I googled "refreshing appetizer." :idontno:

But I'm with Jdarg - what's a few extra pine nuts among friends - more is better.

And Sea Star, they did have a bacon filling recipe as well - it just didn't seem as refreshing so I omitted it. But I bet it's yummy too!

So glad Peapod likes this idea (among others!) I'll have to try making them myself soon!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top