• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

blindrid

Beach Lover
Aug 17, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
I don’t whine. Just state the facts that the feds continually overspend adding to the deficit, regardless of which party one bows to. It’s gotta catch up with the market and ultimately me and you. Unless we die first.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
The soft pop just happened a week or two ago. Now, tons more inventory at inflated prices and they're all just sitting. Have seen a couple with +50k price cuts now

I think April had something like +700 closings for WC

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
The soft pop just happened a week or two ago. Now, tons more inventory at inflated prices and they're all just sitting. Have seen a couple with +50k price cuts now

I think April had something like +700 closings for WC
Sellers with dollars dancing around their heads rushing to market and pushing the limits of reason is not a pop. Just a greed reflex.

A reasonably priced property will sell same day with multiple offers. And by reasonable I still mean over double a year ago.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
Sellers with dollars dancing around their heads rushing to market and pushing the limits of reason is not a pop. Just a greed reflex.

A reasonably priced property will sell same day with multiple offers. And by reasonable I still mean over double a year ago.

i disagree....that's kinda whata soft pop is.......

BeachMac

Beach Lover
Oct 3, 2008
Not seeing a soft pop yet in WS Origins, north of 98. About every 2-3 weeks there is a new price per square foot for resales. With so much demand, even the original Stillwater section of the neighborhood (with lower quality materials and smaller lots) is (surprisingly) staying competitive in the same resale per square foot zone with the nicer Huff resales in other sections. Over $400/sq ft now seems the norm for most Huff homes, a brand new listing is trying to push into the 500s/sq foot. It just keeps scooting up… A home that sold for 700s three months ago can now easily move pending in the 900s. Just starting to see some of the larger 2500 to 2600 sq feet Huff homes get near 1M. New construction closings are off that # because they were under contract long before the rocket really took off in this neighborhood about six months ago. Now they don’t let buyers lock in the price when picking out a new construction lot.

Romair homes are hot here too, I just don’t track them as much. A resale model of theirs pending at 2M was closing at 1.6M not long ago.

Will be interesting to see when the new building can catch up to demand here, and how that affects resales.

Last edited: