• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
:blink: wt-huh?...I'm still trying to figure out where the term or practice of 'Dollar Cost Averaging' fits in with any of this discussion

O.K., I'll tee one up for you..... If someone overpaid for property, but decided to stick with real estate as part of their overall investment strategy, what would you call their continued course of purchasing additional real estate?

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
O.K., I'll tee one up for you..... If someone overpaid for property, but decided to stick with real estate as part of their overall investment strategy, what would you call their continued course of purchasing additional real estate?

.:scratch:..ah...Stupid?

Last edited:

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008

Dollar cost averaging?

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
Your statement about Watersound Beach { I wouldn't take the risk if you gave me the land! } is amazing to me considering we can both see the property from our respective lots. I still think Watersound Beach is worth tons.

And I still wouldn't take the risk, cause in WSB Walton County counts the square footage of decks/balcony's into their formula on top of the highest rates per sq. foot anywhere along the coast! Pretty soon they will be taxing the air above the property! Plenty of lots for sale primarily because of the property tax issue!

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
And I still wouldn't take the risk, cause in WSB Walton County counts the square footage of decks/balcony's into their formula on top of the highest rates per sq. foot anywhere along the coast! Pretty soon they will be taxing the air above the property! Plenty of lots for sale primarily because of the property tax issue!

That explains the height restriction. :funn:

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
I don't feel to bad about 750 home sales last year.

Total Homes Sold- 672 Average Sales Price- $858,516 Median Sales Price- $537,500 Inventory- 2,584

Total Homes Sold- 754 Average Sales Price- $636,225 Median Sales Price- $395,000 Inventory- 2,458

I think the big take away from these numbers is this - we had sales of 754. Total number of sales as a percentage of inventory from the previous year was 29.1%. Yet inventory dropped by only 4.8%! Obviously there's pent up inventory that is coming onto the market just as fast as sales can take it down. That implies more downside to median sell price over the next year or two or.... Once sales start to over take listings, you'll see inventory drop, and we can start talking about a bottom in prices.

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Total Homes Sold- 672 Average Sales Price- $858,516 Median Sales Price- $537,500 Inventory- 2,584

Total Homes Sold- 754 Average Sales Price- $636,225 Median Sales Price- $395,000 Inventory- 2,458

I think the big take away from these numbers is this - we had sales of 754. Total number of sales as a percentage of inventory from the previous year was 29.1%. Yet inventory dropped by only 4.8%! Obviously there's pent up inventory that is coming onto the market just as fast as sales can take it down. That implies more downside to median sell price over the next year or two or.... Once sales start to over take listings, you'll see inventory drop, and we can start talking about a bottom in prices.

Can you add the stats from 2006?