• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beach Princess

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
Here, There and Everywhere
Beware! There is a man in the Daugettes/West Point Washington area, driving a white Ford pickup truck with a white strobe light on the visor and two in the rear window. He has been seen wearing a blue ball cap with POLICE in white lettering and/or a gold badge on his belt. He has been detaining and chasing down vehicles. He is NOT a law enforcement officer! He is young-approx. mid 20s, 6' 1" and muscular. DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON AND CONTACT THE WALTON COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE IMMEDIATELY! He may be armed! If you have had an encounter or similar experience, again Please Call the Walton County Sheriff's office at: 892-8111!

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
guess that is why the helicopter was circling overhead yesterday. I get a feeling of dread (not Clampitt) every time I hear that thing now.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
why are all the crazies attracted to the Point Washington neighborhoods?

TC
Now that the creep has been caught, I feel "safe" in replying...

your question...
just might be opening a rhetorical can of worms that all of us residents might best leave unopened :rofl:
like-attracts-like and all that jazz :funn:

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
How do we know for sure that he has be caught and detained? Where is the news story? Why was he posing?

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
He lives here on Pt Washington Road and was impersonating a police officer? And didn't think anyone would recognize or arrest him? I think there are some issues here.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
As a reminder, the WCSO does not use unmarked cars to pull people over at night...................and they will never get mad at you for calling dispatch to check if something seems odd: 892-8111

Luckily the lady he tried this on had the presence of mind to call the REAL cops! :clap: