• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

drivingtheview

Beach Lover
Oct 17, 2005
What happened to the good ole days? Used to be you could walk into a sales office and get sized up to see if you were a "worthy buyer?" Then, if you did not feel too uncomfortable, you could ask for a "Lottery" ticket to see if you could "Win" an opportunity to buy a new property. And if you survived all of those pre-requisite terms, you could finally buy property @ the beach, let it equitize for a couple of weeks (maybe a month over on the west side), and sell it for few hundred $k with a click on the blackberry? Now we are here. If you want to buy beach property today, you get courted with little smokies, egg rolls, balloons and bottled water minis, only to be confronted with Enron price matrices. I miss the good ole days when "south of the bay" was synonymous with "sealed bid" and the biggest casualty from hurricanes were colored urine and hangovers. :dunno:

Busta Hustle

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2007
quote by shelley "a 42 % decrease it watercolor"

Not really if you look at actual realtor sales this year of 40 or more houses there were only 6 or so under 1 million and an average per foot cost of about $520... a couple of foreclosures and a motivated seller here and there...hold on to your shekels awhile longer or just walk into any bank holding hundreds of short sales in and around town and you'll probably find better deals than in watercolor...for now...

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
What happened to the good ole days? Used to be you could walk into a sales office and get sized up to see if you were a "worthy buyer?" Then, if you did not feel too uncomfortable, you could ask for a "Lottery" ticket to see if you could "Win" an opportunity to buy a new property. And if you survived all of those pre-requisite terms, you could finally buy property @ the beach, let it equitize for a couple of weeks (maybe a month over on the west side), and sell it for few hundred $k with a click on the blackberry? Now we are here. If you want to buy beach property today, you get courted with little smokies, egg rolls, balloons and bottled water minis, only to be confronted with Enron price matrices. I miss the good ole days when "south of the bay" was synonymous with "sealed bid" and the biggest casualty from hurricanes were colored urine and hangovers. :dunno:

We may actually be heading back to the real good ol days! Right Shelly?

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
We may actually be heading back to the real good ol days! Right Shelly?

Yeah, right.....but only if they plow down all these empty condo-boxes, reduce the number of strip malls and let everyone have free access to the beaches again.

Otherwise, I'm not exactly sure what we're heading for--but it ain't the good ole days.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I see that 62 Thicket Cir is now back on the market. The weird thing is that there are two listings for the home, and two prices. PAG Auction company has it listed for $785,000, and the agent who had it listed prior to the auction, has it listed for $975,000. No wonder today's buyers are confused.

Joe Mammy

Beach Lover
Mar 26, 2007
My guess would be the referring agent was not aware that PAG keeps the listing for 90 days after the auction and has failed to communicate.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
urine the money now!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
My guess would be the referring agent was not aware that PAG keeps the listing for 90 days after the auction and has failed to communicate.
I guess not all agents run a search for competing prices of similar properties. :funn: Just kidding. The seller may be tied into commission for both brokers, depending on the terms of their contracts, and that may be the reason for the double entry of the same property by different companies, but the price part is still perplexing. The auction company's price is also listed as a short sale, so the bank still has to make the final decision on that one, even if they get a full price offer.

Last edited: