• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

RedDevil

Beach Comber
Mar 31, 2005
Not to worry, Atlanta is coming to Grayton Beach and surrounding beaches this weekend! It's Spring Break next week (4/4-8) in Atlanta.
hn

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
RedDevil said:
Not to worry, Atlanta is coming to Grayton Beach and surrounding beaches this weekend! It's Spring Break next week (4/4-8) in Atlanta.
hn

:welcome:

Uh oh. I thought it was crowded this week.

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
It *was* really busy last week at the beach. I went down to make sure that my daughter and her friends on spring break hadn't torn our place up - LOL. How do potato chips get on the floor in absolutely every room?

I think that next week will be even busier at the beach. I know that it's spring break for Atlanta, Coweta County, Troup County, as well as other Georgia counties. I'll be at the beach, along with just about everyone I know. Last year I went to a party at Seaside during spring break, and there must have been 200 people from our town of about 40,000 at that one party! Lord only knows what percentage of the population of our town was in South Walton county that week. I think I'll just ride my bicycle everywhere to avoid the traffic. I'm sure the traffic going westbound on 30-A at the 395 intersection will be backed up past Wheelhouse. At least it won't be as bad as the Easter spring break traffic going back to Atlanta on I-85 Sunday. It took us 3 hours to drive the last 70 miles of the trip.

I know you locals probably hate that South Walton has become "Atlanta Beach," as I saw it called in one Atlanta Journal-Constitution article.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
The Georgians are generally nice folks, and despite their reputation, Atlanta drivers are actually pretty competent once you get them away from the really overcrowded roads in the Atlanta metro area.

Even if they aren't as much fun as the Louisiana crew, I'll take the Georgians over a lot of other tourist groups we get down here.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I was hoping we could get the AJC to run another story that the Beaches of South Walton were closed for the Summer. What do you think?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If you were here in all the traffic, maybe you would see that I am only slightly kidding. All of the people in the know, would still come to the Beach and enjoy the peacefulness.