• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Davis Properties

Beach Comber
May 30, 2007
392 Canal Street
bit.ly
For those bird lovers out there who are interested to know a little more - Lori Ceier of WaltonOutdoors (who also posted one of our photos from last week) included some pretty cool info about Bald Eagles.... check out the post she included on her site. http://www.waltonoutdoors.com/southern-bald-eagle-thrives-in-florida/.

Thanks to all for the kind compliments on the photo -!

Awseome video - Lori. Every time I cross the Western Lake bridge I'm scanning the tree tops hoping to see him again!

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
We had the pleasure of one of the eagles flying directly over us this afternoon right before sunset at the intersection of 30A and 283. Hope to see him again.

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
Eagle Sighting this Week

We saw the Sowal Eagle again a couple of days ago (Tuesday, at Sunset). He was perched on the top of his/her favorite dead tree on the north side of Western Lake.

img_7441.jpg

Last edited:

BeachBebe

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
We had the pleasure of one of the eagles flying directly over us this afternoon right before sunset at the intersection of 30A and 283. Hope to see him again.

We saw the eagle above Western Lake tonight just before sunset. Beautiful, inspiring sight on a day when there is so much sadness in the world.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Why is it these great birds seem to prefer perching on top of dead trees? I'd heard that woodpeckers, etc., liked them too for obvious nesting and insect eating purposes. When I have a dead tree in my yard I try to leave it as long as possible if it isn't threatening someone or something when it does decide to topple over.