• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
I suspect you are probably right. Vendors all have skin in the game when it comes to vending in my opinion. It's also an issue exclusive to SoWal because we don't have vendors up here.

I have noticed that there seems to be a push for parking at beach access points for golf carts which again in MY OPINION would create a conflict. With everything else they are going to allow on the beach it may be just a matter of time before you see them there as well.

I would guess they are doing golf cart parking because 1 CAR parking spot equals 2 GOLF CART parking spots and since SoWal is becoming more and more golf cart friendly why not? Its called forward thinking.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I don't see how ignoring the public safety hazard they pose is forward thinking.

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
I don't see how ignoring the public safety hazard they pose is forward thinking.

What public safety hazards do they pose? The only go 20 mph right?

Im sure you'll take this the wrong way but what is your problem with vending? These are local people providing jobs for more locals. Also when is the last time you've been on 30A or Scenic Gulf Drive?

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida

Im sure you'll take this the wrong way but what is your problem with vending? These are local people providing jobs for more locals. Also when is the last time you've been on 30A or Scenic Gulf Drive?

Do your own research about the hazards of golf carts on public roads ok? Not doing it for you.

I don't have a problems with vendors unless they are selling meth, using meth or other illicit drugs, assaulting visitors, assaulting business owners and I do have a problem with vendors being given 50% of public beaches to set up their vending business for free. Other than that...no problem.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016

Not speaking for Kaydence since she is clearly able to speak for herself, but a lot of the safety issues are related to not having a properly licensed golf cart for road travel, which requires certain safety features and an actual license plate, licensed driver, etc. Also, sometimes people going too slow is just as hazardous as people going too fast can be. A problem I have observed numerous times is overloading golf carts, particularly with kids and stuff all over them and not properly secured. With all the proper safety equipment, appropriate licensing, actually using the safety equipment required on the road allowed golf carts, and good common sense for driving on roads with cars and pedestrians, and don't forget parking correctly in marked parking spots, they probably wouldn't be a problem. That's a lot of expectation for the crowds in a resort area.