• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
S

ShawnD

Hi, we are visiting down there this coming October. I’ve seen mixed messages about what items we can bring to the beach. We are staying on Seacrest Drive and will be using the Seacrest Drive beach access point. Can we use our own beach chairs or do we have to rent chairs? Also, can we set up our own shade sources? Thank you very much!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Looks like that's a standard public access to public beach.

You can bring your own stuff, although vendors have been known to lie. Vendors do not have any special rights or privileges outside of private beach. There is a vendor zone, but you are not restricted from that zone, they are limited to it and it's usually defined by smaller PVC pipes placed near the dune.

Tents are required by county ordinance to remain on the upper 1/3 of the beach and the 10x10 limit remains. To be honest this is rarely enforced and unless it's really busy people use them closer to the beach.

You can always reach out to Beach Code Enforcement or the TDC. I would recommend programming beach code enforcement in your phone just in case.

Code Enforcement:

Tourist Development:

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Hi, we are visiting down there this coming October. I’ve seen mixed messages about what items we can bring to the beach. We are staying on Seacrest Drive and will be using the Seacrest Drive beach access point. Can we use our own beach chairs or do we have to rent chairs? Also, can we set up our own shade sources? Thank you very much!

If that's a public beach access, you can bring your own setup to the beach. Tents cannot be placed on the front row in many/most places. At Ed Walline, the tent line was clearly marked with signs, but people still put them up. A volunteer and umbrella rental person both would tell them they had to take them down. At places like Seaside, you can't setup in front of their beach setups, but behind or in a area designated open setups. We have bringing our own setup (2 umbrellas & 2 chairs) since 1998, staying in 5 different places. No, I'm not local, just a long time visitor. Ellen