• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beach closed?

New posts
So I shouldn't be surfing because people think it is safe to swim. My whole issue can be put real simple to many rules being made by people that don't understand or have a clue. Years ago the Sheriff wanted armbands for all the surfers during double red flag. When we met with him we asked him who was going to go out and enforce this. This was several years ago and things have gotten even more absurd to this date. My gripe is not with you people on this board, it is with the decision makers in this county. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely!
 
Educate me. What is the point of the arm bands? :idontno:

I am not altogether disagreeing with you. Everyone should be responsible for their own sorry arses, but we both know which direction the intellectual side of society is going. Just think Mc Donalds having to put writing on their coffee cups that says, "Hey, guess what idiot, this cup contains a hot liquid that you should not pour into your lap" because someone did and now may own a home in Seaside. :funn:
 
Educate me. What is the point of the arm bands? :idontno:

I am not altogether disagreeing with you. Everyone should be responsible for their own sorry arses, but we both know which direction the intellectual side of society is going. Just think Mc Donalds having to put writing on their coffee cups that says, "Hey, guess what idiot, this cup contains a hot liquid that you should not pour into your lap" because someone did and now may own a home in Seaside. :funn:
It's sad but how many millions did she get? What is the point of the arm bands? Exactly!!!!
 
Honest, I don't know what the armbands are for. I know some resorts use them for ID for gated property. How would this help with surfers? ID? If that was the case, I agree that this would seem silly. I understand the instances of surfers drowning pales when compared to others using the beach. Is that really what they were up to?
Most time I see surfers, you folks all kinda stick together. Lotsa help if you got into trouble and many who would know you if the worst happened.
 
Right, it is what I am talking about in this county all these nutso rules and ideas.. What I meant was If we wore wristbands who is gonna go out in hurricane surf and check them? One day it will say when you come over the 331 bridge------Welcome to SoWal, A gated community!!
 
Tort reform.
 
Fay is still affecting us. We have been having lotsa lightning and rain bands passing through coming up out of the gulf. Supposed to do this for awhile today.
 
Wow, this thread veered! I want to clarify my own post. No way was I putting down tourists. The local is the one often discriminated against in many county decisions of the past. I understand both sides. 32 years of public safety experience (retired) tells me one thing; yellow tape always becomes iron gates in time!!!
 
Last edited:
I started this thread to question why someone restricts my access to the beach, something I hate, not as a local/ tourist(I prefer visitor) bash. People will continue to act without regard to warnings, and tape nor bar will keep me from my appointed beach rounds, but who can close the Beach? I like Oregon- ALLacess to ALL beaches ALL the time, common sense prevailing.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top