• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Was going to say we already had laws in place for that, but we've seen how well that works around here. :bang:

Shelley - I'd see them - 95% of my "beach time" is spent in the water or on indisputably wet sand.

LET'S SING!!

I'm dreaming of the white beaches
just like the ones I used to know;
Now there's seawalls, brown sand,
Tents, giant holes, trash and
"No Trespassing" signs in a row.

I'm dreaming of the white beaches,
just like before the property rights.
While I wing south on my South West flight,
To sit in wet sand with oil rigs in sight.

beacheart

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2005
I am very disgusted with this "save the beach "thing so I am adding my 2 cents worth.

I am a beachfront property owner via inheritance. Small middle class type house built when prices were low - also built behind the 2nd dune. In 30plus years we have lost 150 ft. of beach. Now as I look out the window during an Ida or just a rain front I see water licking at the walkovers and no beach.

I don't think the state would be taking my property to renourish the beaches - I think they would be keeping our lovely 30-A from dying. That is more important to me than saying I own to the mean high water line. The days of deserted beaches is over. This is a very critical junction for the future of so walton - in my opinion.

Now a question? If the Supreme Court rules in favor of those people can the 30-A beaches be renourished anyway and just go around that group?

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Now a question? If the Supreme Court rules in favor of those people can the 30-A beaches be renourished anyway and just go around that group?

The short answer is, no one knows. The problem is that the establishment of an Erosion Control line is state mandated and is required prior to the construction of any beach project in Florida. Depending on how the ruling is written, it could require re-writing of the states' permitting process and thus impact any future projects, not to mention the impacts it could have on the 200+ miles of state shoreline where one already exists. The good news is that it will be decided prior to the summer recess.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
What's most interesting to me is that all of the listed interests of Stop the Beach Renourishment (spelled incorrectly it should have a hyphen) do not live in Walton county or even have beach front addresses.

www.sunbiz.org - Department of State

Apparently Tammy and Lionel Alford own property here:

Walton County Parcel Maps

Janet Rouden Frost lives next door at:

Walton County Parcel Maps

Of course she lists her address as being Longwood, FL while claiming a homestead exemption in Walton County. Can this be challenged at the property appraisers office?

Of course the registered agent is simply their attorney:

Hopping Green & Sams

My final question is based on their most recent corporate filing:

http://sunbiz.org/pdf/50593275.pdf

Funny that a residential address is listed for primary place of business. Can we call code enforcement?