• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Philip_Atlanta

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2005
www.rosemaryrental.com
FastpitchCoach said:
Can anyone check the Beachwood Villas Complex for the Troy Xtreme Fastpitch Softball Team from Troy, Missouri? www.xtremefastpitch.com/14u

These girls have been working all year to qualify and play in Nationals at Panama City Beach. We have heard the tournament will go on, but are worried about our rooms at Beachwood Villas. The entire team is staying there.

I would love to get a first hand account (even pictures?) of building damage, swimming pool condition, and possible beach access. No detail too small.

Any hints at things to do or see would be nice too, if we make it there this weekend. Restaurant suggestions??

Thanks so much for folks replying to this thread and the previous one.

Thank you,

Steve Williams
steve@xtremefastpitch.com

I can see if I can take some pics tomorrow on my way back to Atlanta. I second CCK's report on the beach as well - things are relatively clear of debris.

Passatfish

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
FastpitchCoach said:
Can anyone check the Beachwood Villas Complex for the Troy Xtreme Fastpitch Softball Team from Troy, Missouri? www.xtremefastpitch.com/14u

These girls have been working all year to qualify and play in Nationals at Panama City Beach. We have heard the tournament will go on, but are worried about our rooms at Beachwood Villas. The entire team is staying there.

I would love to get a first hand account (even pictures?) of building damage, swimming pool condition, and possible beach access. No detail too small.

Any hints at things to do or see would be nice too, if we make it there this weekend. Restaurant suggestions??

Thanks so much for folks replying to this thread and the previous one.

Thank you,

Steve Williams
steve@xtremefastpitch.com

Good Question!!! Id we do get to come down this Saturday, will there be restaurants to go to? :dunno:

FastpitchCoach

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Passatfish said:
Good Question!!! Id we do get to come down this Saturday, will there be restaurants to go to? :dunno:

Still looking for any info on the Beachwood Villas (buildings, pool, beach access). Also, what we should do and where we should eat while there?!?!?!?

Please share!!!

Steve

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
check out the photo gallery...kathydwells picture of seagrove beach...we were just there two weeks ago and thought the dunes looked bad, you won't belive it now :shock:

physes

Beach Comber
Jun 15, 2005
Nashville
I sent you an email concerning the conditions as I know them to be, I hope you got it. If not let me know and I will update you further.

It looks very discouraging. :sosad:

FastpitchCoach

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
physes said:
I sent you an email concerning the conditions as I know them to be, I hope you got it. If not let me know and I will update you further.

It looks very discouraging. :sosad:

Received your email, thanks! I thought it was encouraging! I wish Garrett Realty would answer their darn phone! Just need to know pool and units are OK!!!!!

Thanks again!

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
In regards to your questions about Seagrove and Beachwood Villas. If you are not on the beach, you would never know there was a storm. All business are up and running including restaurants so you don't need to worry about that.

There has been very little cleanup needed in areas away from the beach so your rentals and their pools, etc. should be ready and waiting for you.

The beach is another story. At this point, they are closed.

However, there are many other things that you can do in South Walton. I don't know the open or closed status of the beaches in Bay County, but most of the accesses there are flat and you should have an easier time of getting to the beaches, if they are open. Same white sand, same emerald water, but a different atmosphere.

For many of us who live here in South Walton, we don't spend all day every day at the beach, but we can still find plenty do you. There are many family oriented activities at Rosemary Beach and Seaside including outdoor concerts, plays, movies, etc. There are pools, tennis, golf, bike riding, etc. If you had planned to go to the beach, you may have to drive several miles and make a day of it.