• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Beachlover2 said:
Our favorite place for BBQ pork is Pig's Alley in Sandestin. Small roadside place with picnic tables set up ouside right off of 98 just east of the Outlet Mall. It is yummy. :love:
I cannot say the Pig's Alley is a great place to eat since it is difficult to enjoy eating on the deck so close to the exhaust fumes from the traffic. However, their pork sandwiches are the best around. (Sauce could use a little help but it is good.) Get your food to go.
I have been to excellent BBQ contests in Memphis, NC, and SC, and while Pig's Alley is not a "show winner," I think it is the best BBQ in this area. If you are willing to drive over to Port St Joe, there is a good roadside BBQ joint on the main road (hwy 98) called something like Beachview BBQ. The guy has been there for a long while, and it is worth every bit of the price for the culture variety, after being in this place for a while, and the BBQ is good. You will have to go to see what I am talking about. I recommend taking your food over to the park at Port St Joe to eat it under the big Oak Trees.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Speaking of clogged arteries, has anyone ever had fried bbq? I know it may sound strange, but it is some dangerous stuff. Pulled pork bbq, very lightly breaded and fried. Like bbq french fries.