• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
OMG I think i lost 10 pounds from dancing. We all showed the stiffs that just sat.....:D :roll:

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Oh...my...god....where were Toots and Hop? That was the best time I've have had since I moved here. Thank god IBD and Jdarg were there or I'd have been dancing alone. Except for when I made DargVader dip me!!! Miss Kitty, you'd have been proud of our boy!

As for the rest of you...you are lame and don't deserve for great bands to come here!!!:razz:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
JDarg-Was it everything I promised and then some?:D
They did a great job with a tough crowd. Basically, the UGA Kappa Alpha and Chi Omega pledge classes of 2020 had their first dance together while the UGA KAs and Chi-Os from 1990 sat and nursed white zin and Michelob Ultra:bang: . Oh well, Big Sam sounded great, and as I type this they are somewhere on I-10 headed back to NOLA en route to San Antonio tomorrow:blink:. More details and observations to follow. :cool:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Oh...my...god....where were Toots and Hop? That was the best time I've have had since I moved here. Thank god IBD and Jdarg were there or I'd have been dancing alone. Except for when I made DargVader dip me!!! Miss Kitty, you'd have been proud of our boy!

As for the rest of you...you are lame and don't deserve for great bands to come here!!!:razz:

:clap: ....a bunch of dancing boogying wenches!!! And using the menfolk as accessories! :rotfl: ...great report punzy!!! :love:

Skunky...you win a sowal sticker for putting the unk in funky skunky!!!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Big Sam had the little kids come up and say "funky" into the microphone!!

:lol: :eek:

They are touring with Elvis Costello this summer- how much fun would THAT be!

I wore the skin off my feet- dancing barefoot on brick is brutal.

Sadly- it wasn't the perfect crowd for this band. Most (99%) of the adults just sat there, but the children were getting their funk on big time. :cool: Kate and Olivia were even on stage at the end!:rotfl: Finally, more adults danced a bit for the last few songs. :roll:

We are seriously considering making our first trip to NOLA in 2 weeks just so we can see Big Sam and his Funky Nation play!:D

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
FUNKY!!!! I am glad K & O are taking over for jfunn and me. :love: If I wasn't leaving town, I might have just joined you in NOLA!!! Go for it!!! :clap:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sadly- it wasn't the perfect crowd for this band. Most (99%) of the adults just sat there, but the children were getting their funk on big time.

Sadly, most of their Wednesday shows have crowds like this, but they do enjoy the music. I think they are just tired.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
JDarg-Was it everything I promised and then some?:D
They did a great job with a tough crowd. Basically, the UGA Kappa Alpha and Chi Omega pledge classes of 2020 had their first dance together while the UGA KAs and Chi-Os from 1990 sat and nursed white zin and Michelob Ultra:bang: . Oh well, Big Sam sounded great, and as I type this they are somewhere on I-10 headed back to NOLA en route to San Antonio tomorrow:blink:. More details and observations to follow. :cool:

:shock:
:yikes:
:cool: I hated missing Big Sam last week. but I am so glad I did. after Funky Meters, I swear to you, I am just now starting to be able to walk half way properly again after all that dancing. I had the absolute best time with you guys and of course Mrs Hop and all, dancing under the stars. but, I do regret missing Big Sam, damn.

I'm with jdarg. I wanna go to NO and soon. well, maybe not til fall. summer is kinda hot there...