• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
You need to get the official surveys for YOUR lots.

Someone could be reading a survey wrong or have gotten incorrect info from a realtor - easy to do and common.

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
IT is a big deal for Ms. Francis- and I am trying to help. Just because someone rents does not mean they are not invested in their community.

If she loses 30 feet in one direction and gains it in another, she gains my house. If she doesn't contest it at all, she loses 30 feet...

It seems like a worthy endeavor to look into for a friend. Moving on to an attorney and more research.

Hi DoGood, I used to work with real estate developers in Atlanta and we had a few new surveys done over the years where the neighbors fences encroached onto our lots by 2 to 3 feet. That was usually a simple fix. We would review the new survey with the neighbor, compare it w/their survey, and it just turned out to be a previous owner had inadvertently installed a fence in the wrong location, and all parties agreed to simply move the fence. But yours is a different story for sure, 30 feet is huge and a Real Estate Attorney should be contacted for further advice. I wish I could help you further.

I hope there is a simple answer to this issue, and thank you for "Do(ing) Good" things for your neighbor and community.

Last edited:

PalmBeach

Beach Lover
Feb 21, 2007
She probably has title insurance. If so, she should get her insurance company involved. Usually, they will have their own attorney to handle an issue like this. This also applies to the other property owners on the street.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
She probably has title insurance. If so, she should get her insurance company involved. Usually, they will have their own attorney to handle an issue like this. This also applies to the other property owners on the street.

Umm do mean from her purchase in 1951? I would assume there's a statute of limitations and squatters rights would apply. :dunno:

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
With the explosive growth this area's had in the past 10 years or so, you can bet that more than one shady deal may have happened.
Staying with your neighbor and trying to help her is a very noble thing you do. Thank you:dothewave: