• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Then why does it seem like every group hired by the TDC is out of state or out of county?

I've got at least 3 different mailing addresses - Seagrove, Seagrove Beach, Santa Rosa
Beach - doesn't matter as long as the zip code is right. I know where I am.
Are you sure???:lol:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I always say I'm from Santa Rosa Beach. typically get a blank stare. then I explain its between Panama City Beach and Destin. if I need to explain further, I mention Seaside and Grayton Beach. Usually they know generally where I am talking about. Not always. then its just "northwest florida on the panhandle - upper gulf coast".. whatever... who cares at this point?

just got back from Bahamas. When Bahamains asked where we were from, we said Florida and everyone assumed Miami, of course. We explained about the panhandle, etc, and they kind of yawned and offered us another incredibly delicious pina colada served in a fresh cut coconut. All was good.

I have just a few friends who call the entire area Grayton Beach. That is really beyond reason, imo.

Last edited:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Then why does it seem like every group hired by the TDC is out of state or out of county?

I've got at least 3 different mailing addresses - Seagrove, Seagrove Beach, Santa Rosa Beach - doesn't matter as long as the zip code is right. I know where I am.

And the Post Office could care less what town you put on that line, just get the zip code correct if you can.