• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I think it's pretty close CCK. My gut says that if you can get a gulf view you're golden. If it turns out the other way, well then being able to walk down to the beach with your kids in the evening is something money won't be able to replace for you or them.

Whatever the case, if you think it's a toss up too, then go with your instinct.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
You're right, Kurt. Our instinct says to stay on 30A. We've lived in the area for 4 years and it feels like home. While the amenities at Wild Heron would be very nice, I don't think I could take the bugs! We're planning to build and live in the house awhile so as a long-term investment you're right that either would be fine.

Thanks

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Camp Creek Kid said:
You're right, Kurt. Our instinct says to stay on 30A. We've lived in the area for 4 years and it feels like home. While the amenities at Wild Heron would be very nice, I don't think I could take the bugs! We're planning to build and live in the house awhile so as a long-term investment you're right that either would be fine.

Thanks

Make sure you have an outdoor shower and plenty of storage for beach toys. ;-)

BTW - I don't know if bugs are allowed in Wild Heron. :lol:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
kurt said:
Make sure you have an outdoor shower and plenty of storage for beach toys. ;-)

BTW - I don't know if bugs are allowed in Wild Heron. :lol:

What about kids and all their beach toys, bikes, scooters, trampolines (can't have one anyway because of homeowner's insurance), skim boards, etc. Our house in Wild Heron would look like the Clampett's. Although they had a very nice house, there were critters swimming in the pool!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Camp Creek Kid said:
What about kids and all their beach toys, bikes, scooters, trampolines (can't have one anyway because of homeowner's insurance), skim boards, etc. Our house in Wild Heron would look like the Clampett's. Although they had a very nice house, there were critters swimming in the pool!

Cement pond. :rotfl:

Camp Creek Kid said:

One of my biggest problems finding a house down there is one with storage (read garage). Where do people store bikes, and other toys that the salty air would destroy?

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
We store almost everything in the house, but we have a lot of closets. We put all the sports equipment in the closet under the stairs. If your house is on pilings (even short ones) there is enough crawl space underneath to store things like shovels, ladders, etc. Stuff rusts, but it would rust in a garage or shed too. We have our plywood for hurricanes sitting on 2x4 "shelves" under the house. We use our attic a lot, but we have air conditioned storage room up there.

The first thing you'll learn when you move to the beach is that we Americans have too much stuff. It is easier to get rid of things when you don't have room to store them. And you're more careful about what you buy. It is actually quite liberating. Part of the simplified lifestyle of living at the beach is that you don't have a house full of junk.

Camp Creek Kid said:
The first thing you'll learn when you move to the beach is that we Americans have too much stuff. It is easier to get rid of things when you don't have room to store them. And you're more careful about what you buy. It is actually quite liberating. Part of the simplified lifestyle of living at the beach is that you don't have a house full of junk.

Amen that... Preach on ... :D