• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Has the county considered a 4 day work week? Is there a constitutional issue with closing on Fridays? Many counties and municipalities across the country have implemented this and it's saving money. Not only for the county/municipalities, but for the employees who drive one day a week less.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Most departments split employees work days to cover all 5 days even though each works 4 ten hr days.

It is different for the other constitutional offices.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Has the county considered a 4 day work week? Is there a constitutional issue with closing on Fridays? Many counties and municipalities across the country have implemented this and it's saving money. Not only for the county/municipalities, but for the employees who drive one day a week less.

I can see where it is saving the employee money, but have not found anywhere where any significant savings are being shown in government. I believe the problem is that they are not closing completely on that Friday. So half are off on Monday and half are off on Friday. Now logic tells me that if you can let 50% of your staff off, 40% of the week, and still get the job done..........you have too many people employed. And I believe that was a major point of the ISP report. Too many employees, not enough business.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
My point was that if you close offices for a day you save money. Utilities mainly. Obviously this wouldn't work for some constitutional offices and the courts. I'm curious if employees turn off their computers at night when they go home, hundreds of computers add up.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
So folks who vote straight party line, or the Tea Party folks or Libertarians are not voting for a platform. I think think the folks that vote independent maybe don't vote for a platform.