• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Wish it were a Zaxbys, Golden Chick, or Tropical Smoothie, anything but burger king.
I haven't eaten at a BK in 40 years but never been in one of the places you mentioned. Never heard of one of them.

Eat local! Support our local business owners.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Support your local businesses in the "off season" then have them tell you in the other 9 or 10 months that they can help you at 4pm or 10pm for dinner. Not always the case, but......

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I haven't eaten at a BK in 40 years but never been in one of the places you mentioned. Never heard of one of them.

Eat local! Support our local business owners.
Many franchises are local owned and let’s not forget the local workers who are employed by these businesses.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Many franchises are local owned and let’s not forget the local workers who are employed by these businesses.

I'm pretty sure this franchise is a conglomerate all by itself. I'd bet over fifty percent of their employees drive twenty or more miles to get to work.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I'm pretty sure this franchise is a conglomerate all by itself. I'd bet over fifty percent of their employees drive twenty or more miles to get to work.
You may be right, but someone buying a fast food burger isn’t taking business away from a locally owned $40 lunch restaurant and the reason many have to drive is because they can’t afford to live here.
My viewpoint comes from knowing my neighbor owns local Subway shops and employs locals.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
You may be right, but someone buying a fast food burger isn’t taking business away from a locally owned $40 lunch restaurant and the reason many have to drive is because they can’t afford to live here.
My viewpoint comes from knowing my neighbor owns local Subway shops and employs locals.
I'd rather give my money to a local owner or chef I know. Or at least I know about them and their family and most are involved In the community and help nonprofits also.
Some struggle. Some make a living. Some do very well. Some of the most successful local restaurants give back to the community.
A franchise owner might be awesome but usually sheltered by a corporation.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I'd rather give my money to a local owner or chef I know. Or at least I know about them and their family and most are involved In the community and help nonprofits also.
Some struggle. Some make a living. Some do very well. Some of the most successful local restaurants give back to the community.
A franchise owner might be awesome but usually sheltered by a corporation.
I have no argument since it’s your money and no one should tell you where to spend it.
Just curious if you buy all your groceries at Modica?
My point is there’s room for many different types of businesses and I like a choice.

Last edited:

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
My first visit to the Burger King was not as pleasant as expected.
After deciding to eat inside due to the drive up line wrapped around the building my first impression was the place was filthy. Every table dirty, the condiment counter nasty and won’t even start with the floor. I realize it’s been busy due to just opening up but when you witness employees standing around or leaning, they should be cleaning. There was enough staff to where “one” could have wiped the tables and maybe the condiment station. I cleaned ours.
The good thing was BK offers the impossible burger and fish for us pescatarians!!! Hopefully they’ll pull it together and try to keep the interior a little cleaner. If it remains nasty I’ll be in the drive up line with the rest of the 5,000.