• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
From www.cabowabo.com:

"Cabo Wabo Tequila was brought to life in 1996 on the back roads of Guadalajara -el centro of the state of Jalisco, Mexico. After what seemed like eons of time searching for a tequila of good enough quality to serve at the Cantina and call his own, Sammy Hagar linked with a small Mexican Tequila maker that had been in operation since 1937. Although some of the players have changed since the birth and rise of Cabo Wabo Tequila, it continues to be grown and hand made by a well-established tequila family with deep roots in the tequila fields of Jalisco.

Cabo Wabo Tequila maintains its smooth, no after-burn flavor by sustaining its respect of the long-standing tequila traditions that made it the drink of choice of the wise and venerated mystics. We do not cut corners like other brands which legally mix up to 49% of fillers and still call their product "tequila" - Cabo Wabo Tequila is nothing less than 100% pure blue weber agave."

"HOW TO DRINK CABO WABO TEQUILA

Now, all YOU have to do is take the trip to Cabo Wabo. Take as many different roads as your party spirit can possibly embark on!

* Cabo Wabo is so fine, its great straight. Juices and mixers are not necessary for a smooth ride!

* Let it all in - smoothly and slowly - let your tongue feel and taste the hints of what the juice took from the barrel.

* Let it all in - smoothly and quickly - let your senses feel it almost as quick as your tongue

* Grab a brandy snifter for the Cabo Wabo Anejo-sip or shoot it, followed by a taste of cinnamon and orange slices. Elegance at its finest (but certainly not stuffy!).

* A Cabo Waborita will bring the sweet sensual taste of Cabo to you; close your eyes and dream of the late afternoon sky above the blue waters of The Sea of Cortez - aaaaah, Cabo Wabo is such a beautiful place.

* Don't drink alone - go for a body shot. Sweat and salt tops off Cabo Wabo nicely. (Did we say tops off??? Absolutely!)

* Drink all three! From clear chaste Blanco to smooth zesty Reposado to ultra smooth honey-laden Anejo, every variety of Cabo Wabo Tequila should have a place in your repertoire!"

I was not sure whether the" drinking alone" line is appropriate for this Board, so I included it just in case. ;) Obviously their target market is the 21 - 35 year old male.

Waterman

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2005
Ventura County CA
kurt said:
Smiling JOe said:
Kurt,
I couldn't help but notice that the Margarita Mix-Off was not on the 2005 schedule.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

6eae781a.gif

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Calendar updates

Kurt:

Here are some activities I found on Seaside's calendar and Baytowne's calendar that may be of interest to people but aren't on the calendar posted here:

May 30 - August 8: Seaside repertory theatre: The Fisherman and his wife, 7:30 PM. Outdoor amphitheatre. Free. 850-231-5424, May 30 - August 8.

June 12: Seaside Ballet. Seaside Lyceum. 7:30 PM. Free. 850-231-5424

June 19: Ballet at Baytowne: An Evening of Dance. Outdoor Events Plaza. 7:30 - 9:00 PM. Free. Bring lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy the evening.

Hope this is helpful. Your calendar sure is helpful!

Best,
Paula

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Paula said:
Kurt:

Here are some activities I found on Seaside's calendar and Baytowne's calendar that may be of interest to people but aren't on the calendar posted here:

May 30 - August 8: Seaside repertory theatre: The Fisherman and his wife, 7:30 PM. Outdoor amphitheatre. Free. 850-231-5424, May 30 - August 8.

June 12: Seaside Ballet. Seaside Lyceum. 7:30 PM. Free. 850-231-5424

June 19: Ballet at Baytowne: An Evening of Dance. Outdoor Events Plaza. 7:30 - 9:00 PM. Free. Bring lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy the evening.

Hope this is helpful. Your calendar sure is helpful!

Best,
Paula

Thanks Paula - I will add them! :-D

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Additional events for calendar

Hi:

A few more events for the calendar:

Look at Seaside Repertory Theatre for their calendar of events. Note that the Fisherman and His Wife is listed as 7:30 PM on the Seaside Calendar but at 8:00 PM on the Seaside Repertory Theatre listings. Note also it's not held on July 4 but on other Mondays throughout the summer season.

Baytowne Wharf has a mini gras for children Tuesdays, 7 PM - 9:00 PM throughout most of June - August.

Baytowne Wharf also added the SPF7 Comedy Troupe several evenings throughout the summer, free at 6:00-7:00 PM.

You'll want to check the exact dates on the Baytowne and Seaside websites, but I hope this is helpful.

Best,
Paula

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
RiverOtter said:
Hi Kids! Back from Big Sky and the "snowy beach"! Hey SJ! Sammy wrote a song while fronting Van Halen (some called them Van Hagar) about Caba Wabo. Rolling Stone said that only the Red Rocker could make shooting tequila sound like an olympic event! The stuff is suppost to be "sipping" grade.

Welcome back I hope you had fun on the slopes. 8-)