• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sonjawave

Beach Comber
Apr 1, 2013
I'm getting all my vacation plans finalized, and would appreciate your coffee house/local suggestions and why, Thanks in advance!

jackie

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2006
chicago burb
I love Amavida in Seaside too and if it's not too busy you can sit out and people watch or sit on the overlook by the beach and just relax. Coffee there is wonderful!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I like Amavida and Fonville Press at Alys Beach. I go where they have the best flaky pastries. A lot of places sell muffins and cakey things, but I go for the flaky stuff, and it's not so easy to find. And I like having Internet sometimes because sometimes I'm in SoWal not just for vacation and have to get a little work done. Amavida has internet access but I don't know if Fonville Press does. Does anyone know about Fonville? They do have a few books of quotations that guests have left over the years, and that's a lot of fun to read while sipping your coffee.

Sonjawave

Beach Comber
Apr 1, 2013
I like Amavida and Fonville Press at Alys Beach. I go where they have the best flaky pastries. A lot of places sell muffins and cakey things, but I go for the flaky stuff, and it's not so easy to find. And I like having Internet sometimes because sometimes I'm in SoWal not just for vacation and have to get a little work done. Amavida has internet access but I don't know if Fonville Press does. Does anyone know about Fonville? They do have a few books of quotations that guests have left over the years, and that's a lot of fun to read while sipping your coffee.

Cool! Thanks

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Grayt Cofee has become Grayt Grounds at Monet Monet, next to Borago on Scenic 30A - you have to go to have a cup and see the art and gardens.

Cafe Hibiscus in Grayton is beautiful and has grayt breakfasts.

Head to Seaside and go to Central Square Records above Sundog Books for Joe, music, and cool. Head next door to Great Southern for Beignets with your coffee.

Fonville Press had extremely slow WiFi last time I was there.