• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
@Jensky wrote:
No need to be condescending mam!

I truly wasn't. There is a process that anyone arrested has to go through and Chapman skirted the process for his son. It's called "special favors". My point being...how many other "special favors" should we elect or re-elect in this County or the better questions would be,,,how does this create an atmosphere of open, honest, government operated on the sunshine? Again, it's just my way of thinking that if you would sacrifice your own morals, credibility and better judgement, lie about your certifications and get your son a "get out of jail free card"...what else are you willing to sacrifice, what other laws are you willing to break and who are you willing to break those laws for and grant special favors too?

IMO anyone who falsified records about being able to carry a firearm should never get to have one again. And probably be fired.
Chapman should have lost his retirement package and benefits as well. That didn't happen. Please let me point out that the fudging of his certifications happened several years prior too his son being arrested and gotten out of jail. He skirted being charged for lying about his certs and one would think he had learned the most valuable lesson of his law enforcement career...obviously, that's not so.

They have millions of dollars in the budget to spend on advertising.

So just because they have it, they should spend it to make matters worse in this county? Is that really what we vote for around here? Sorry, I just can't wrap my brain around that.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Look, I'm going to go out om a limb here and say some of the ads against chapman aren't right. His increase in income is probably from his retirement drop it appears and that money has nothing to do or can be influenced by being a commissioner or not. He was demoted and punished for his actions with the judge while an undersheriff and I see no need to punish people twice, he did the time so to speak. Those issues are only relevant with the credential issues, bill demonstrated he understands and embraces the concept of "if you know the right people you can make it happen" and demonstrated he could do it too. Monkey see, Monkey do. That is a fundamental problem in all political aren's today and it's not restricted by party. We just need some people who are willing to embrace the plan and ENFORCE the plan for our beautiful area instead of selling it off to the fastest most connected developer who nobody will remember in 50 years anyway and what will we have left. Chapman and Imfeld surely have to go, Meadows needs two more professionals who haven't seen the ways of the past that used to be accepted. Today people want a straight shot for everybody, and the tides are turning hopefully. Try Meadows with Nipper and Fletcher or Kramer. (Not slamming dixon) and you will see far less lawsuits and you will see quality of life issues immediately addressed and you will see people who are willing to admit to faulty government and stop doing it! I still don't think the ads are fair, but a few things are relevant.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
I guess my point on the ads is this, there was plenty of other buffoonery on bills watch and things that were just way over his head and embarrassing that he couldn't or wouldn't answer.(people who wrote ads don't understand the issues) He wanted to pass the sandestin compliance hearing badly but wisely took the advice of contracted lawyers and the staff saying it was out of compliance and voted for non compliance and had to come to terms that past boards had let it get out of compliance long ago. Ultimately this upcoming NOPC has driven much of the issues in this campaign. If anderson wins, the NOPC will be postponed until he takes office for the 3-1 vote to approve the NOPC which could be worth as much in instant development rights of 150 million courtesy of 1976. His lobbying for the sheriff department is nauseating at times. Several of the Sandestin players are also key members of the SBA and you know that story already.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
@Patriot Games

Some of the ads against Bill Imfield are slightly more accurate than not too and I've said as much. I think people need to get the facts and decide for themselves what's true and what's not. I do wish Our Generation had been a group of concerned citizens actually from here, who have done the research and documented what they found and it would have made the ads far more credible. I posted those ads because of @earl and @Born&Bread who have trolled these forums simply to sing Tony Anderson undeserved praises and flat out LIE about Cindy Meadows. Funny how when confronted with truth, they mysteriously disappeared. One of those trolls (actually 2 of them) went to school with my daughter. 1(one) of them lied and said his children did....which might have been true if he actually had children.

Ms. Meadows is not and never has been responsible for the almost $1 million that was never collected. It didn't go missing as they allege and the County should have gone after the developer instead of making a deal with the CPA Firm.

As for Chapman, 1(one) mistake that should have cost him his career, it didn't. The second was a slap on the wrist and what irritates me about that is, it reeks of the good ole boy favoritism that has driven Walton County politics for 130 years and is what keeps these folks in power. I'll give the devil his due though...he owned them both! Admirable for a man who in reality destroyed his own credibility when he allowed his certifications to be fudged.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Mike Adkinson is a great Sheriff. It was awesome when he went to the BCC meeting and made Cindy apologize. Doesn't the Sheriff have a ethics complaint against Cindy?

Does he? Hmmm, that isn't the one I'm hearing about against Cindy!