JB:
Shades by the Loop is on the corner of 30A and Rosemary Beach. It opens at 11:00 and stays open late at night. It has wireless Internet access and has a sports bar atmosphere (lots of TVs around). I'd rate it as very good food at moderate prices.
I, too, would rather not cook much when on vacation. But I also don't want to spend a lot of money when we go out as a family. However, when I go out by myself or with other adults and no children, I'm very happy to go to the more expensive places on 30A.
I agree that take-out and eating on the porch/at the cottage is the best way to go for a low-effort, good, leisurely, affordable meal (and sometimes with left-overs). One strategy we use is to go out for lunch as a family when the prices are less expensive but get take out and eat at home in the evening.