• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cheap Eats on 30A

New posts
I know where a cheap eat will be July 8-15! It will be at Seagrove Villas and Motel. The group of us that vacation together every summer, plan our meals for potlucks everynight. Well, except for one night when we all go out to eat. We all just cook something, each night and have a big potluck outside. Some of us grill fish, chicken, burgers, steaks, etc,. We all plan a side dish. We have one of the guy's with us, play cabana boy and he is usually whipping us up something good to drink. It is alot of fun. SO, mark your calendar and come join us for dinner!!!!
 
kathydwells said:
I know where a cheap eat will be July 8-15! It will be at Seagrove Villas and Motel. The group of us that vacation together every summer, plan our meals for potlucks everynight. Well, except for one night when we all go out to eat. We all just cook something, each night and have a big potluck outside. Some of us grill fish, chicken, burgers, steaks, etc,. We all plan a side dish. We have one of the guy's with us, play cabana boy and he is usually whipping us up something good to drink. It is alot of fun. SO, mark your calendar and come join us for dinner!!!!

I have to agree, that does sound like alot of FUNN. :D
 
kathydwells said:
I know where a cheap eat will be July 8-15! It will be at Seagrove Villas and Motel. The group of us that vacation together every summer, plan our meals for potlucks everynight. Well, except for one night when we all go out to eat. We all just cook something, each night and have a big potluck outside. Some of us grill fish, chicken, burgers, steaks, etc,. We all plan a side dish. We have one of the guy's with us, play cabana boy and he is usually whipping us up something good to drink. It is alot of fun. SO, mark your calendar and come join us for dinner!!!!

KD, did you know that Al Flowers (proprietor of the Seagrove Villas) passed away a couple of weeks ago?

He will be missed. Another local legend gone. :(
 
ShallowsNole said:
KD, did you know that Al Flowers (proprietor of the Seagrove Villas) passed away a couple of weeks ago?

He will be missed. Another local legend gone. :(

No! I did not know this. Thank you for letting me know. How sad.:(
 
I don't think anyone has mentioned Blue Orleans over in Blue Mountain Beach. They have $8.95 blue plate lunch specials. Their dinners can be pricey ($22 for two crawfish cakes, but to die for!). They also do breakfast (from 7:00 - 2:00!), which includes beignets, french toast, BLTs, omelets, and build your own breakfast sandwiches.

The owners are VERY friendly and they have live-music Thursdays and through the weekend.
 
JB said:
Another one bites the dust. IMO, they always had the best Mahi sandwich on the coast. HUGE, messy and good. If they are going the fine dining route, they will have to enclose the open-air deck (which would be a tragedy in and of itself). Can't do the white tablecloth thing with 40 MPH winds whipping through there.

Someone above mentione the new Shades. Where exactly is it located?

I have always said Harbor Docks needs to open a location on 30-A. While Shades comes *somewhat* close to what Harbor Docks serves, it's no where near as extensive a menu.
Actually Harbor Docks is on 30-A and called The Fish House. Heard good and bad things. Plan to go back to see for ourselves. The old Shades is being replaced by Fish something from Pensacola. We ate there Sunday and it was great..Bloody Mary was $2, probably be $8 when they come to Seaside! :eek:
 
Not to knock Shades at the Loop, I eat there quite a bit, but it's only cheap by 30A standards. I had a grouper sandwich and a beer for dinner there night before last and it was $18 before tip.

Nobody's mentioned Spicy Noodle. Not on 30A but close...
 
TreeFrog said:
Not to knock Shades at the Loop, I eat there quite a bit, but it's only cheap by 30A standards. I had a grouper sandwich and a beer for dinner there night before last and it was $18 before tip.

Nobody's mentioned Spicy Noodle. Not on 30A but close...

Like many places, it may be more expensive at night than during the day. And I'll usually drink water or a coke/pepsi during the day which is less expensive than beer. So, my lunch probably costs me about $12.00, tip included. With a family of 4, though, that wouldn't be cheap for sure. I don't know if they have kids meals.
 
TreeFrog said:
cheap by 30A standards
You've got that right! What I consider cheap on 30-A is not what I consider cheap at home.

Cheap at home is like two $1.95 tacos at Taqueria Del Sol in Atlanta or a taco and turnip greens. If you drink water, you can have a gourmet meal for about $4 plus tax and tip. I adore that restaurant. Two weeks ago I had a pork taco with guacamole salsa with turnip greens for about $3.50 plus tax and tip, and it was the best thing I've eaten in a restaurant in a few months. Actually I enjoyed it more than Bacchanalia that same week which cost us over $500 for 4 people (included a modest bottle of wine and 4 cocktails). That's insane. Not doing that again, but it was a 21st birthday celebration. :)
 
TreeFrog said:
Not to knock Shades at the Loop, I eat there quite a bit, but it's only cheap by 30A standards. I had a grouper sandwich and a beer for dinner there night before last and it was $18 before tip.

Nobody's mentioned Spicy Noodle. Not on 30A but close...
Spunky Noodle has always been a consistent favorite of ours. Located less than 1/2 mile from the eastern end of 30A, they pull a full Italian menu. A great place to call ahead and order takeout, although they get pretty busy during peak hours.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top