• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I will not have another pool.;-)

When I moved I vowed I would never have another pool! Here, I bought in a neighborhood with a pool--I get to enjoy, but not have the responsibility/expense for taking care of it. The fees I pay for both the pool and yard work are well worth it...and hardly anyone uses the pool at the times I like to, so it's perfect.

Actually, though the electricity cost of my pool before was minor compared to all the other costs and aggravation.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
When I moved I vowed I would never have another pool! Here, I bought in a neighborhood with a pool--I get to enjoy, but not have the responsibility/expense for taking care of it. The fees I pay for both the pool and yard work are well worth it...and hardly anyone uses the pool at the times I like to, so it's perfect.

Actually, though the electricity cost of my pool before was minor compared to all the other costs and aggravation.

Perfect. Community pools are wonderful. You are right the other costs certainly add up. Not to mention getting out the vacuum - again....

novagirl

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2010
Santa Rosa Beach
The water heater uses a lot more than people realize. I started shutting mine and my mom's off when we didn't need it and the bill on both houses went down $50! It only takes 20 min or so to heat enough for bath or whatever so I just keep em off. Our bills are still too high. $150 for 900 sq ft!! Chelco is a rip off. So much for co-op! Or maybe I just don't understand?

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
The water heater uses a lot more than people realize. I started shutting mine and my mom's off when we didn't need it and the bill on both houses went down $50! It only takes 20 min or so to heat enough for bath or whatever so I just keep em off. Our bills are still too high. $150 for 900 sq ft!! Chelco is a rip off. So much for co-op! Or maybe I just don't understand?

Thanks! That's the first time I've seen a WH bill segregated & quantified.
However, your bill is quite high for the sq.ftg. How old is your home... is it stick built or mobile? You may need some additional insulation in the structure & check those door/window seals!

novagirl

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2010
Santa Rosa Beach
Thanks! That's the first time I've seen a WH bill segregated & quantified.
However, your bill is quite high for the sq.ftg. How old is your home... is it stick built or mobile? You may need some additional insulation in the structure & check those door/window seals!
My home is a mobile that is quite old. My mom is beside me and hers is also old and mobile. Fortunately (I hope anyway) I am selling this place and am just trying to find something to rent for now. Actually that is MUCH easier said than done!:bang: Finding a house is becoming a nightmare!

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
chelco Bill

My bill was $99.00 for about 900 sq.ft. That is alot considering the a/c was mostly on only at night since the weather was so nice when I moved in and the windows were open most of the day. I do keep it pretty cold when I sleep, but still. I forgot about the hot water heater and it does eat up a lot of energy. I'm going to start doing that because with the summer heat I cannot imagine what the bill will be like next month. I thought I was doing good and it would be really low but I guess that is not the case around here. I could not imagine a $400 bill no matter the house. Thanks everyone. :blink:

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Now that AC's have kicked in full time how's it going? What temps do you usually keep your homes? Do you keep it different between day and night?

Stay cool :D