• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

delargura

Beach Crab
Dec 14, 2009
will be taking our 1st family vacation/reunion @ the Adagio and so looking forward to warmer weather..although not the sun I would like but definitely warmer than what I am experiencing at the present moment. anybody has suggestions as to what to do/where to go esp in the food dept!! my family is originally from new orleans so seafood is always a good choice for us. however, if there any local mom/pop places to partake in, we would like that even more!! also since the beach will probably not be an option for us, what else is there to do?? any nice hiking/trails in the area?
thank you all
looking forward for some fun

will be taking our 1st family vacation/reunion @ the Adagio and so looking forward to warmer weather..although not the sun I would like but definitely warmer than what I am experiencing at the present moment. anybody has suggestions as to what to do/where to go esp in the food dept!! my family is originally from new orleans so seafood is always a good choice for us. however, if there any local mom/pop places to partake in, we would like that even more!! also since the beach will probably not be an option for us, what else is there to do?? any nice hiking/trails in the area?
thank you all
looking forward for some fun

There is a short trail at Deer Lake or if your more serious I would recommend the Eastern Lake loop in Point Washington Forest! :)

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Any of the State parks have great trails. The one between Grayton & Watercolor is amazing. Going to the beach may not be an option as far as getting sun and swimming goes, but long walks on the beach (even in the cold) are WONDERFUL!

As to food....in my opinion, all you have to do is close your eyeys and pick a place...most restaurants on 30A are very good. Red Bar is fun and funky, always a sure bet...especially on Sunday's when Dread is playing. Fire is great for a bottomless glass of champage and brunch Sunday morning. Pizza Bar in Seaside & Stinky's are good. There are so many others which I have not tried, but others on this board have posted thier list of good restaurants. (of course, if you get to Destin, Chan's has pretty good food ;-), great wine selection and prices as well as GREAT cheeses! :D)

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
There's a couple of trails just north of Blue Mountain in Point Washington State Forest. Go to Big Daddy's bikes for more info on the hiking and biking trails. While there you can shop For the health of it and get a cookie or cinnamon roll from Laloba Bakery.