• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i just can't believe you wouldn't wash your comforters for your own guests??:eek:

we always have company stay with us and i always wash them before and after in the hottest water i have. my comforters are still going strong after 2 years and i wash them a lot!

Good for you! I'm sure your guest appreciate it!

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Isn't the point of the comforter to be the pretty thing on top -- covering the plainer, often washed sheets and blankets. It's mean to be turned down when the bed is in use. I really don't see the point in washing it every week. HONESTLY, I haven't ever washed my own comforter and it's 2 years old. (It's dry clean only, and I haven't wanted to part with it or have it loose the new look) I also haven't sat on it naked either. However, my kids comforters get washed every time we have a stomach bug which is at least every other month! So there.

toofargone

Beach Lover
May 9, 2005
Just the fact of people renting these units out and not cleaning the comforters but once a year and making up excuses to why they don't care enough about the well being and health of the people supporting this DXXM place. Not to mention the attack on me for bring it to the light. There is no excuse for not cleaning the comforters on these beds PERIOD. It is a health issue. One that will be address very soon.

Don't waste your time with these people. They are just going to gang up on you. They will have an excuse for everything. They are just looking for the mighty green dollars of the renters; gayboy thinks you are going singlehandidly ruin the season--ha ha, comforters are the least of the worries.

Toodles you gang of dorks.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Don't waste your time with these people. They are just going to gang up on you. They will have an excuse for everything. They are just looking for the mighty green dollars of the renters; gayboy thinks you are going singlehandidly ruin the season--ha ha, comforters are the least of the worries.

Toodles you gang of dorks.[/quote]

:rotfl:...you must be talking to the A Crowd.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Anyone else feel like they need to dry clean their comforter before the soiree in case the wenches get likkered up and decide to start inspecting? ;-)

biddieann

Beach Lover
It's Saturday...did everyone wash their bedding? :D

why yes, thank you for asking. Actually there is a market for overly cleaned and sanitized places to rent...autistic children often have severe allergies that can actually trigger seizures. They are very sensitive to the invironment and can be forced to live a very restricted lifestyle. This is the case with my son. Sowal is his favorite place in the world and we have had wonderful times there. We always dislcose is problems in advance.
Autism is the fastest growing childhood disabillity in the U. S. today. Many parents would gladly pay the extra cleaning fees if necessary. They will also prefer a private residence because of privacy issues and all of the ideosyncracies that go along with autism. Good night.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
why yes, thank you for asking. Actually there is a market for overly cleaned and sanitized places to rent...autistic children often have severe allergies that can actually trigger seizures. They are very sensitive to the invironment and can be forced to live a very restricted lifestyle. This is the case with my son. Sowal is his favorite place in the world and we have had wonderful times there. We always dislcose is problems in advance.
Autism is the fastest growing childhood disabillity in the U. S. today. Many parents would gladly pay the extra cleaning fees if necessary. They will also prefer a private residence because of privacy issues and all of the ideosyncracies that go along with autism. Good night.

Helpful post. Something I would never have considered or known about. :clap: