• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I'd be willing to spend $385 (6*2*$29.99*1.07) as a contribution to the management company's linen pool to get 2 sets of white duvet covers to put the comforters in as Rapunzel has suggested. Then I could put my current duvet cover (empty) over that as a coverlet just so that the rooms don't look so stark.

This would require management companies to buy into the idea and purchase them (with the owners' contribution to the linen pool) and launder them. The owners would have to buy in as well, since we would not only pay extra for these linens but it will cost extra to have them laundered. These costs would have to be passed on to renters in the form of higher rental fees. It also wouldn't be practical unless all or most of the rentals subscribe to this service. Otherwise, it would be like washing personal linens, and that's not practical when turning houses in the high season because the cleaning service would have to keep track of which rentals do or don't subscribe to this service. It would take longer to clean a house because it takes a while to unbutton a cover, pull out the comforter, re-stuff a clean cover, and button it. That might mean hiring a bigger cleaning staff, which would increase costs even more.

BTW no one has ever complained about my down comforter and pillows -- as a matter of fact, I've been complimented on them. The comforters are really expensive and like sleeping in a cloud. I did have down pillows in every room except the kids' room, but they kept getting stolen. So now I just keep down pillows in the two master bedrooms. I keep our more expensive pillows in the owners closet so they won't get stolen and are available for our use. I also keep a polyester set in each closet, plus a blanket, in case someone is allergic to down.

I witnessed the Red Bar deep clean this winter. From what I saw, they thoroughly cleaned everything, not to mention refinishing the outdoor tables, etc. They cleaned the red velvet draperies, so my guess is that the upholstery was cleaned as well. They were wiping down everything. They also told me that they dust all of the pictures and objects every week. That's amazing.

So, GTTBM, is there a new grandbaby?

Sheila

SoWal Insider
That is a precious picture. I know y'all have loving the boys! Must try to get a hold of him sometime. :love:

Mid -Apri I will meet you on the glorious sofa at the Red Bar with Baby Evan, I think Camden and Rowie could be best of friends. The germs can bring their own dates to the party. ;-)