• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

reedtsu

Beach Comber
Apr 17, 2005
Pt Washington
The South Walton Dixie Youth League have been competing in a double elimination tourney in Paxton the past few days. The team consists of the rec league all-stars. Tonight we went in undefeated and playing for the district championship. We were the only team going in undefeated and the boys pulled it off 3-1!!! In the past, we have only gotten as far as winning one game. Now the boys are district champs and will travel to Tampa (?) July 11-19 to have a try at regionals. These boys (including my own...:D) have worked very hard! We are so proud of them!

beachyteachy

Beach Fanatic
Apr 4, 2005
A group of us parents were talking about how unstoppable these boys are going to be if they stay together until high school. It's going to be interesting to see what they are going to do. There's a lot of talent!!!

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
Congrats!

How old are the kids in the Dixie Youth league?

beachyteachy

Beach Fanatic
Apr 4, 2005
I'll have to ask Tim to be sure but I think majors are grades 4-6. This is our son's last year in rec league and he's 12 and going into 7th grade.

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
:clap: Woot Woot:clap: Way to go boys!

surfdog

Beach Comber
Sep 12, 2006
and what a series it was. these kids played great ball, but more importantly, they were gentlemen, a class act from the moment they climbed out of their cars to the time they climbed back in for the long drive home, we owe a great deal of thanks to coach dan parrott and the rest of the south walton coaches for making some memories for life,...both in young and old...high-fives for paxton as well,.. they ran a great program and the grounds were spotless,..a great place for the tourney. wow, i am gettin sleepy,....p.s., i love that duck..

beachyteachy

Beach Fanatic
Apr 4, 2005
Thanks Surfdog. I love the duck, too. Tim...well, he tolerates her. Can't wait for regionals!!!