• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Congratulations to all the winners in tonight's primary: Russell Hughes, Rhonda Skipper, Bill Chapman, Melanie Nipper, Tony Anderson, Marsha Winegarner and Brad Drake. For those who must run in November, best of luck and for those who won tonight congratulations. This has been a tough and hard fought campaign but we must join together to work to make Walton County a better place to live for every citizen.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Think the question should be why he won all precincts south of the bay except 1. I can understand north of the bay
I really don't. Is it because Meadows always defended the people and businesses who live in SoWal and people north of the bay don't like that or is it because he bought votes up there? She has always been the outsider who stood against the good ole boy system.

sunny850

Beach Lover
Jul 16, 2012
I am a democrat so I couldn't even vote yesterday for Anderson Or Meadows, so this is not a politically-motivated answer....but maybe it's because she didn't much campaign north of the bay. I live in sowal but work in defuniak so I am there more than I am home. Tony Anderson has been at the intersections waving, knocking on doors, campaigning like crazy. I have not seen meadows at all. When I talked to people I worked with, they had only seen her signs, not her. And the Phony Tony signs posted on all the poles in front of the schools last weeks gave a lot of people the impression she was running a nasty campaign. Her supporters who did that negatively impacted her campaign. Even yesterday at the biggest polling place in defuniak, Anderson had a ton of people and signs and people waving and meadows had a tent with one lady sitting in a chair who never even looked up. It sent a message that she didn't even care enough about the voters on the north end to bother. I am not saying she wasn't the best candidate, I am just trying to offer an answer to the question of why Anderson carried north of the bay. The really shocking thing is that she lost south of the bay, where she lives and knows everyone, where I thought she would win by a landslide.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I am a democrat so I couldn't even vote yesterday for Anderson Or Meadows, so this is not a politically-motivated answer....but maybe it's because she didn't much campaign north of the bay. I live in sowal but work in defuniak so I am there more than I am home. Tony Anderson has been at the intersections waving, knocking on doors, campaigning like crazy. I have not seen meadows at all. When I talked to people I worked with, they had only seen her signs, not her. And the Phony Tony signs posted on all the poles in front of the schools last weeks gave a lot of people the impression she was running a nasty campaign. Her supporters who did that negatively impacted her campaign. Even yesterday at the biggest polling place in defuniak, Anderson had a ton of people and signs and people waving and meadows had a tent with one lady sitting in a chair who never even looked up. It sent a message that she didn't even care enough about the voters on the north end to bother. I am not saying she wasn't the best candidate, I am just trying to offer an answer to the question of why Anderson carried north of the bay. The really shocking thing is that she lost south of the bay, where she lives and knows everyone, where I thought she would win by a landslide.
I can't disagree with what you are saying. I was surprised that he won 3 of the 4 south end precinct pretty handling and compteted well in the one he lost.