• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Crap on the beach

New posts
rancid said:
As a tourist who loves the beach as much as you locals, i find it ironical that you make no mention or opposition to the locals driving their trucks onto grayton beach. I agree with you that the beach should be preserved. I propose that all vehicles be banned from the beach and I will be happy to lug my stuff off the beach every day. As an old local in a ski area, I too have enjoyed the bashing of tourons as we used to call them. Hurts a little to be on the other side now. Someday maybe i can afford to buy down on the beach.

Been through this before. Currently, I would rather see Walton County enforcing existing rules, before encouraging them to make new ones which will not be enforced.
 
andipandi said:
Where do people drive on the beach? I have never seen anyone driving in Seagrove or Seacrest area?
Another reason why I choose to focus on tents, chairs, toys, etc left on the beach overnight, sometimes for weeks. This happens on most of the entire length of beach in Walton County. Currently, with permits, vehicles are legal on the beach in only two locations.
 
Yesterday afternoon I finally took some time to go to the beach at Grayton. Not so many people down there but couldn't find a place to park the beverly hillbilly beach buggy because of all the "crap on the beach". I will not complain because I am thankful I can drive my crap to the beach every day.
 
For you people who think I am in the wrong, how long should the one particular pile of boards and canvas, which has been piled on the beach for the last week, be left on the beach before I take it to the garbage? To me, I don't see the difference between it and other trash, and the County doesn't pick up litter on the beach, so, how long do I leave it there, is the question which I ask you?

BTW, there are still broken and abandoned chairs and tent frames on the beach today. How long should they remain there before a citizen decides to get proactive??? :idontno::idontno::idontno:
 
Smiling JOe said:
For you people who think I am in the wrong, how long should the one particular pile of boards and canvas, which has been piled on the beach for the last week, be left on the beach before I take it to the garbage? To me, I don't see the difference between it and other trash, and the County doesn't pick up litter on the beach, so, how long do I leave it there, is the question which I ask you?

BTW, there are still broken and abandoned chairs and tent frames on the beach today. How long should they remain there before a citizen decides to get proactive??? :idontno::idontno::idontno:

I say get the SH** of the beach SJ. If it has been left ther overnight, IMHO it is free for the taking. Don't freaking ask permission..just dispose of it!!!!!!
 
ditto......
kathydwells said:
I say get the SH** of the beach SJ. If it has been left ther overnight, IMHO it is free for the taking. Don't freaking ask permission..just dispose of it!!!!!!
 
Darlene and IBD, I appreciate your voice, but I truely want to hear from those silent people who object to what my opinion on tents, chairs, sunscreen, towels, blankets, toys, etc being left on the beach overnight, sometimes for a week or more. At what point should it be considered abandoned? Anyone?:idontno:
 
I've been silent, but I totally agree with you...I was there 2 weeks ago and was disgusted by the amount of "crap" on the beach in the morning. The beach should look brand new every morning, no crap from the day before sitting out. I couldn't believe it...I haven't been down during the high season for awhile. I would like to see it all carted off after sundown. I carry my stuff back to the house with me every time, chairs, towels, etc. I expect others to do the same.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top