• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Some of my dad is in the dunes at the Gulfview Heights access. Come think of it...some of him was on my mom, too, because she stood downwind. So, by default he wound up in our septic tank after she washed her clothes!

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Some of my dad is in the dunes at the Gulfview Heights access. Come think of it...some of him was on my mom, too, because she stood downwind. So, by default he wound up in our septic tank after she washed her clothes!
Gives new meaning to the Beach Boys song "I Get around"...

noledog

Beach Comber
Dec 23, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I have an idea. Instead of scattering him in the lake, why not plant him into a tree ? There are great kits you can buy or do it yourself to plant the ashes with dirt and grow a tree from his ashes. In that way, he lives on and transforms to another life form. You can keep him in a large planter or plant the tree in the wild someday in a favorite spot. He can live on through the tree and be near the ocean and experience this area as a living tree from here on, perhaps near the banks of eastern lake.
Pat Dye, former Auburn football head coach did something similar to this upon hs death a couple of years ago. He was buried on his farm under his Japanese Maples, sans a casket so his body could provide nourishment to the trees and he would be one with nature. Strange but true.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I wonder how many pro remains in public bodies of water can't wait to vacation in India? You'll feel right at home with literal bodies floating by on the river.