• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sunny Daze

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2005
Southern KY
I haven't been able to post for the past several days. I have read here, perused dozens of pictures on the internet regarding the victims of Katrina and I have shed so many tears.

The most tears have come from reading this specific board and learning the generosity of so many of you willing to provide housing for those in need. This is what human kindness truly is and I am so happy to be reading here and learning even more about true SoWallers!

On that note, we will be canceling our trip for Thanksgiving week to the area. I do not want to take up housing space that is needed for others. Instead we are donating our vacation fund for the week to the Red Cross. Just our way of being a distant SoWaller since we don't own property there. Y'all are tremendous souls. To me, this is the true meaning of THANKSGIVING....bless each of you! :love:

Sunny Daze said:
On that note, we will be canceling our trip for Thanksgiving week to the area. I do not want to take up housing space that is needed for others. Instead we are donating our vacation fund for the week to the Red Cross. Just our way of being a distant SoWaller since we don't own property there. Y'all are tremendous souls. To me, this is the true meaning of THANKSGIVING....bless each of you! :love:
Wow. WOW, what a gesture!:clap_1:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
How many of there are you? If someone doesn't have room for you to stay with them here, maybe someone will "loan" you a home. ;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sunny Daze,
I am moved at your compassion and willingness to sacrifice your pleasure for others. This world needs more people like you and the other generous people who are giving so much. I like you. :love:

Sunny Daze

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2005
Southern KY
C'mon guys, I am not Sister Teresa. Y'all are the ones who are making a huge difference for people. My money may buy some food/water/ clothing, but y'all are providing a service too valuable for me to comprehend!

Besides, it's just me and hubby. My stepchildren weren't coming with us, so they won't be disappointed.

(Unless they now fear they will have to eat my Thanksgiving cooking! :eek: )

Sunny Daze said:
C'mon guys, I am not Sister Teresa. Y'all are the ones who are making a huge difference for people. My money may buy some food/water/ clothing, but y'all are providing a service too valuable for me to comprehend!

Besides, it's just me and hubby. My stepchildren weren't coming with us, so they won't be disappointed.

(Unless they now fear they will have to eat my Thanksgiving cooking! :eek: )
You have indeed come out of your shell (with a vengeance - bad choice - with a purpose). Glad you're (t)here! :D

MD

PS: See my PM and send me an email.

Sunny Daze

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2005
Southern KY
Moondance, I read the PM, email has been sent!