• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
115 pages of axe grinding and you have no property? Then surely you are a lawyer. Or a liar. But I repeat myself.

I have contributed nowhere near 115 pages of comments or axe grinding. I specifically said that I have inland property. I am a full time resident. I am not a lawyer and I am definitely not a liar, but people like you will believe what you want anyway or you wouldn't make the kinds of accusations you are while having no evidence whatsoever. Interesting way to handle a discussion on your part.

leeboy

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2015
I have contributed nowhere near 115 pages of comments or axe grinding. I specifically said that I have inland property. I am a full time resident. I am not a lawyer and I am definitely not a liar, but people like you will believe what you want anyway or you wouldn't make the kinds of accusations you are while having no evidence whatsoever. Interesting way to handle a discussion on your part.
What I see is ganging up on a valued community and local business owner again and again and again. It is cyber bullying and just plain chicken s**t behavior. You and your buddies registered here and post only on this thread. It's an obvious and cowardly vendetta against someone has the nerve to stand up to you..You and your ilk are getting trounced by a few community activists and you can't handle it. Never been allowed on this forum before. I am surprised it has been allowed to continue.

:benice:

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
CU believer unsubstantiated words are clear for anyone to read. No need to twist anything. About 1,193 beachfront parcels are owned by individual, corporate, or association private property entities to the MHWL. Over 650+ beachfront parcel owners are intervening as Defendants (including Seaside). ONLY State, local, and some Federal (not all, like Eglin and Hurlburt beaches) Government owned-property allow public use of all American Constitutional bundle of property rights.

Private owner entities pay TEN$ of THOUSAND$ Walton property taxes each on ALL deeded private property to the MHWL. Or do any CU believers have alternative facts? ALL BPOs, even BPOs who do not reside in Walton, pay property taxes to the MHWL for Walton-children's schools, roads, fire protection, law (un)enforcement.

"The unbuildable portion behind the dune line to the waterline is not taxed." is not credible, is fiction, unless there are facts to back up the words. 115 pages of CU believer misinformation and ZERO CU facts. But I repeat myself.

Why is the dry sand "unbuildable"? Because it can not be physically built on or because of government police-powers says so? If Walton police power makes the sand unbuildable, when it can be built on, but police powers could allow buildable fixtures (an 176 ft tall private observation tower on Daytona Beach and I see fishing piers built everywhere in FL), then by CU belief the government police power regulations made the sand "worthless" and according to the Constitution is a "take". Might read SCOTUS Lucas v. South Carolina Coastal Council and FL Bert Harris Act.

Like previous posts why would Walton not intervene in private-property (not public property) quiet-title litigation if Walton had a chance to prevail or "take" worthless unbuildable beachfront by eminent domain if Walton could? Illogical incredible CU beliefs (not facts). Words are cheap and easy. Facts and credibility take time and add value to forum. Not name calling or BPO attacks like "scum" leeboy, "anonymous" James Bentwood, or bob bob's sock puppet bob1. Can there be some facts to support CU beliefs and stop the antisocial-media bravo-sierra on this forum?

Last edited:

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
What I see is ganging up on a valued community and local business owner again and again and again. It is cyber bullying and just plain chicken s**t behavior. You and your buddies registered here and post only on this thread. It's an obvious and cowardly vendetta against someone has the nerve to stand up to you..You and your ilk are getting trounced by a few community activists and you can't handle it. Never been allowed on this forum before. I am surprised it has been allowed to continue.

:benice:
You are an interesting character! Pretty sure that I haven't called anyone a name, including you. I asked some questions. Pretty sure that Dave doesn't need you to answer for or defend him. I've been on SOWAL for a number of years and commented on a variety of topics. Just not a whole lot on here besides this one lately. More assumptions about my "buddies" and my "ilk". Really? You sure read a lot into very little. Try taking things at face value instead of making all kinds of faulty assumptions and assuming some kind of conspiracy theories. In any case, if Dave wants to clarify, he will. If he doesn't, he doesn't. Unless you're his handler, which I have no reason to believe you are, he is the only one who my questions were directed to and only as a direct result of his post.

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
Private beaches are a mistake

The inconvenient truth is that there is no one alive today when the entire 26 miles of Walton County Beach Property was public property.

Looking at Property Sales, there is a tremendous difference in value (costs) between two similar properties, one with deeded property line to the MHWL and the other miles inland. Not only is the value different, so are the taxes.

Selling Private beach front property was not illegal 50 years ago and not illegal today. Some may feel it was a mistake for the county NOT to purchase more properties years ago (at a much cheaper price than today) but they did not. They have bought some but not enough for 4 million tourists.

The County can buy beach front property today, several properties are on the open market right now. Or a group of Citizens can start a Go Fund Me account and buy a beach front property and donate it to the State.

According to the FBFA this lawsuit will be in the court for 10 years, and until then will remain private property, as they have been. What do you think the property prices will be in 10 years?

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
It seems that the bottom line here is that the customary use activists don't want to debate the issue and they don't seem to tolerate free expression from the beachfront owners.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
One more time, Dave: My front yard and back yard in Atlanta is unbuildable because of governmental imposed regulations. I'm 100% confident I'm paying taxes on that property. No different here on the beach as much as you and others would like to wish.

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
There you go again, twisting my words. Beachfront owners pay taxes on beach front property but not the sand behind their homes. The unbuildable portion behind the dune line to the waterline is not taxed.

There you go again with another "myth". According to your logic if you buy a beach front property that extends to the MHWL with a structure (home) and front yard valued at $500 K, but the property costs $2,500,000, then you only pay tax on $500K? Not true.