• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
My crushing issue at the present moment is the dearth of duck liver Pâté in 30A.

Faux BFO (Pam Hicks?), you might try the beach-view Seaside 30A restaurant for your Pâté. I’m sure you can get a private table for your dogs and CU posse if you say you believe in customary use of private property at the door or buy enough mai-tais.

Brings SoWal to a new CU low and about as legitimate as the CU anti-social media and not credible Florida Beaches for All misinformation. FBFA and Faux BFO are about as legitimate to the outcome of a football game as a streaker at half time. A cry for attention and a distraction to the players on the field playing the game. Except the Walton Commissioners Squids, v the BFO Patriots, are trying to change the Constitutional rules of the game and the referees and NFL will have to decide if the rules the Squids want to play by are in the rule book or not. The only other alternative to change the game play is for the Squid fans to rush the field, at least until law enforcement comes. CUnCourt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beach Front Owner

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2019
Greetings BEACH FRONT OWNER! I am from the planet Earth. From what Star System did you come? The language you use sounds like maybe you are from the far away planet called Wealth. The language sounds similar to others that are here. Do you come in Peace?
I beg your pardon kind sir! I do not apologize for my elevated station in life. My trust contributes generously to charitable organizations and I studied the plight of the common man during my years at John Brown University. I have also employed many blue collar folk, including the fortunate sons of Our Good Lord GOD who labored to construct my mansion where majestic dunes once stood here in this lovely place.
#LetThemEatCake

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Boys & Girls,
This thread started as a unique way/place to have an adult conversation.
The admins are enjoying huge revenue advantage now, after much manipulation, but let's not lose focus.
Here's what we now know:
Many uninformed residents and visitors now know the truth about our long history of harmony on our private beaches.
Based on this long thread, There doesn't seem to be a viable case for CU.
CU leaders have failed to defend or support their position at all here.
THE annual Big CU Beach Protest Event drew only 78 people, 78.
Seems there have been legal actions against unscrupulous CU agitators.
The Judge, AND Commissioners seem to be opening doors - time for compromise.
All economic indicators are way up, in opposition to CU prognostication.
Let's get back to our 30A Legacy, looks like we're headed in right direction.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Reggie, Thank you for being the voice of compromise. Many of the voices here are all or nothing. So, to verify my assumption that you are a voice of reason please tell us what demands you are willing to give up. For example, are you willing to share the area of land behind your house with respectable people? I understand the devil is in the details but we need to start somewhere.

Beach front owner and others, don’t take words so literal all the time. Obviously my greetings was meant to be humorous! This is a heavy subject and we need to lighten it just a bit

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Reggie, Thank you for being the voice of compromise. Many of the voices here are all or nothing. So, to verify my assumption that you are a voice of reason please tell us what demands you are willing to give up. For example, are you willing to share the area of land behind your house with respectable people? I understand the devil is in the details but we need to start somewhere.

Beach front owner and others, don’t take words so literal all the time. Obviously my greetings was meant to be humorous! This is a heavy subject and we need to lighten it just a bit

It’s simple:
First, I Do NOT Represent any BPO’s. I’d rather be the voice of reason, compromise isn’t quite accurate.

However, my original post stands. Our 30-A legacy was that of public beaches controlled by county, and private beaches governed by private owners. EVERYONE GOT ALONG!!!!

If there are a handful of owners not wanting you on their property, stay the hell off of it, like we did before, signs and all. It’s theirs, not yours, get over it.

If you want to go to beach and have access where public beach bleeds onto private, and owner doesn’t mind, be respectful: No tents, no cigarette butts, no glass, no trash, no holes, no music, etc.

NO F’IN AMBUSH SOCIAL MEDIA VIDEOS!!!!!!!!

If you happen to be on private property, and if owner would like prime spot on HIS/HER property, yield immediately.

It’s all about respect folks, both ways.

Both sides feel shafted, they both need to get over it. But that does NOT mean that private property is anything but that, including the right of exclusion, the most basic of constitutional rights.

It will take some time, and adult education. We handled it nicely until government and certain agitators got involved because of their personal interests. But the transition back to our intimate and unique beach community can be reestablished only without the radical extremism from both sides. County also needs to immediately buy a bunch of beach and communicate access. Owners need to chill like before. Owners will not, however, chill, until the lawsuits against them are dropped. They can’t, it’s just not possible to forfeit their property, no one would. The moral of the story: Without this pretend thing called CU, we can regain our 30-A legacy. Continue this CU noise, we destroy our 30-A legacy, regardless of “winner”.

Last edited:

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
The right of exclusion is fair and I believe that is THE COMROMISE for both sides! BTW I’m on both sides!

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
I don’t agree with your premise. BPO’s have been illegally backed into a corner. They took nothing, they did nothing wrong. The government and government wannabes acted illegally and with incompetence, and got caught. There is no reason for a BPO to give anything up (compromise), other than good will. I say that they should, given the elimination of attacks/lawsuits/public activists, get back to their old ways of community sharing. This is of course entirely at their discretion. Nothing more.

If you are suggesting that BPO’s forfeit their right of exclusion, you are not on both sides. That can never happen under our constitution, and the way Walton beach property was sold. The Oregon, Hawaii, California, Texas referenced properties were never deeded and sold as private property like ours. That’s the difference. Everyone forgets where this all started. Private money for private property.

Last edited: