And parks, police, fire dept, library, roads, ..........For one thing, I'm not in favor a a border wall. Secondly, did I say anything about boycotting a business? I still use the USPS when I send out Christmas cards. And I even rode on AmTrack once.
Yep, I'm in favor of those things too. I also supported the purchase of Camp Helen by the state. Capitalism doesn't mean privatizing everything. Funny that you mentioned the police though. Law enforcement seems to be a target of the socialists these days.And parks, police, fire dept, library, roads, ..........
Did construction companies that build roads and bridges "grab" the land that was required to 4 lane Highway 331?It isn't just the socialists that grab land. Looks like the capitalists do it, too. 'Without just compensation': Louisiana gives pipeline owners broad authority to seize land
... I think this thread was hoping to create a divide between us. Many words being tossed around like socialist and capitalist are used in political theater to divide people. We should resist being divided because it makes it just too easy for those who abuse power...
DanaMarie, yes we do agree on somethingProbably on many things! I do not disrespect your opinions and your beliefs. I think this thread was hoping to create a divide between us. Many words being tossed around like socialist and capitalist are used in political theater to divide people. We should resist being divided because it makes it just too easy for those who abuse power. Think of power like an entitlement. Think of who benefits most from entitlements. Who holds the most power from entitlements like tax breaks, tax loop holes, corporate welfare etc.? Not the working class. Not the middle class. I am not a socialist and hope that we all wake up before there it is too late. I assume that you and I are both registered republicans but I do not let anyone speak for me not even my party. I am very disappointed in my party. Actually neither party has represented the middle class for a long time IMO. My only message about politics is to think for yourself and have a voice.