• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Not cool - and much easier and legal to go to a public access. The trail in that shot is east of Cypress Dunes. And it is at least 1000 feet.

And that's from the Southern most edge of the state park. Most of the homes are much further North.

Amen....not cool.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Not cool - and much easier and legal to go to a public access. The trail in that shot is east of Cypress Dunes. And it is at least 1000 feet.

If memory serves, there was at least one fence where that path is..................and no deeded access. We can certainly see that there is no walkover protecting the dunes. :angry:

Yes, my earlier photo was wrong. Here is Cypress Dunes and the paths.

cypressDunes2.jpg

Last edited:

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
For some reason, I don't see the first photo. And the second photo is through the dunes, which I know is against the rules. Think I'll stick with recommending Dune Allen access.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
There is a fence so I'm not sure how they are using the path. The homes directly to the south also used to have a path, but the state fenced that in too.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The last time I looked, someone had cut through the barbed wire fence.

The Stallworth entrance has maybe two parking spaces and one is handy-capped only. The better solution is to drive or bike to Dune Allen Regional access. Or, go to the Topsail State Park day use.

There is no longer a sales office for Cypress Dunes to my knowlegdge.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Thanks, SJ. Are there any beach shuttle services along 30A?