• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

colby

Beach Comber
Jun 12, 2007
Hey guys,

Wife and I are heading down in a couple weeks (staying in Seacrest Beach). We were thinking of taking a day trip down 98/30, possibly checking out Port St. Joe, St. Joseph St. Park, Alpachicola, or St. George Island.

We basically just wanted to soak up some scenery ... maybe find a good meal. Should we bother? Any suggestions on places to eat along the way?

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
there was just a thread about this area! Good place to eat seafood in general. I came through there in Feb. and ate well!!I'll go try to find this thread
:welcome:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Great trip. There is another thread on SoWal on this very topic somewhere with lots of suggestions. There is also a 30A road near Port St. Joe. Hope the Raw Bar is still open, great place. There are a number of quaint restaurants on main street in Port St. Joe. This "old" downtown area is just a block off 98 in Port St. Joe, you can't miss it. There is also a new restaurant promoted by JOE in their WindMark development. The harbor area at Port St. Joe used to be a scenic place to catch a nice lunch.

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
[ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=24821"]Is there anything cool to do in or around Apalachicola? - SoWal Beaches Forum[/ame]

danna B

Beach Comber
May 6, 2008
mack bayou
There is a fantastic antique/cool stuff shop right off the main drag of Apalach with really neat things in it called The Barn....I believe. It may be The Red Barn. Its fun not expensive. Nostalgic!

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Do it! We had a great time there. Lots to do.

rajs4

Beach Lover
Aug 20, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
You can take 98 all the way into Port St. Joe. You'll drive through Mexico Beach, Windmark Beach & a couple of other neat place to sightsee. Once you go through Port St. Joe you'll take a right on 30A. This will take you in to Apalachicola. On the way, be sure to stop at the state park, it is so beautiful. Indian Pass Raw Bar has some great oysters and cold beer (that you serve yourself). If you take a right across from the Raw Bar, you can go down to Indian Pass Campground. There is a boat ramp and a tour guide that will take you over to the island that is St. Vincent National Wildlife Refuge. The museum for the island is in Apalachicola.

Once in Apalach check out Boss Oyster Bar. It's overlooking the water and you can watch the boats coming in and out. It's a great day trip but I'd suggest staying overnight in The Gibson Inn if you can swing it. If not, plan to be over there all day! Have funn & be sure to report back!

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
You can even go a little past Apalach and take in some of the interesting stuff in Carabelle. Go early, there's a lot to do that way. And remember, it takes a while to slug your way through PC on the way, so the trip is longer than the distance would seem to suggest.