• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
There are a lot of known oil resources available in Oklahoma, Texas and Alaska. All that needs to be done is a willingness by those who do the drilling to do so and for the environmentalists to quit fighting the issuance of oil leases by the landowners. There are many to blame for our present fossil fuel crisis. What some don't seem to realize is that alternative fuels in the necessary quanity to support our transportation system are still probably many years away. But then instant gratification is the American way now days, as well as its my way or the highway, attitude so prevelant in many citizens.

It took 8 years to put a man on the moon. Surely we can stop using oil as a primary fuel in that time or less.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
There are a lot of known oil resources available in Oklahoma, Texas and Alaska. All that needs to be done is a willingness by those who do the drilling to do so and for the environmentalists to quit fighting the issuance of oil leases by the landowners. There are many to blame for our present fossil fuel crisis. What some don't seem to realize is that alternative fuels in the necessary quanity to support our transportation system are still probably many years away. But then instant gratification is the American way now days, as well as its my way or the highway, attitude so prevelant in many citizens.

BTW Andy, this legislation includes a right of way through the beach for pipe lines from the drilling platform. I'm thinking those 69 steps might be a little more difficult with an 18" oil pipeline running up it.